The Smythemeister`s Mossie...mk.VI /NF. Tamiya 1/48.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
evenin Guys !!
I expect you all thought i`d given up on this one eh?!!;)......
It has been a while since my last post,mainly due to work,but i have been chipping away at it..... although in tandem with the recently started "Halftrack" GB:thumb2:....
But as we said in the R.A.F..... "Per Pasticus Ad Astra",,,,,, so all`s good!!:tears-of-joy: .....
Crew Done,and NO Tony.... The Navigator hasn`t got an extra finger,(He ain`t CORNISH you know!!:flushed:),just a trick of the light;)......
.... So here are "Armstrong and Miller":tears-of-joy:,as i call "Finished".......
IMG20220901193457.jpg
IMG20220901193726.jpg
.... and in their "Crate".......
IMG20220902181409.jpg
.... with my usual "Gentle persuasion"!!.... and finally for now.....
IMG20220903205127.jpg
That`s it as it is now..... Thanks ALL for your comments,and very sorry that i`ve not done my usual individual replies.... but time really is conspiring against me recently:flushed:
I assure you it`s MUCH appreciated,and normal service will be resumed Soon!!:thumb2:
Cheers for now,
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

That's looking so much better than mine!! Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Those two look excellent in the cockpit. You've earned a pasty.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking excellent andy , armstrong and miller look very cosy in there . Cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work Andy. Looking mighty fine to me. Where is the radio set (I think) front from? Looks far better detailed than the kit version…..no gun sight in that version though?

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks very much Andrew.... however,i doubt it very much ..... we all know how the zoom can exaggerate the "Flaws" in our models,(Figures especially!!),i`d struggle to get a finish like you have on a 1/72nd figure:flushed:
Those two look excellent in the cockpit. You've earned a pasty.
Thanks Jim,Several Pasties have been consumed during this build already!! ;)

Haven't we all O Great One! (Purleeeze!)
Steve
Just say the word PARANORMAL AIRBORNE man.... and it`ll be in the post!!:thumb2:
Looking excellent andy , armstrong and miller look very cosy in there . Cheers tony
Thank you Tony,I`m glad SOMEONE recognised what i was alluding to!!:cool:
Excellent work Andy. Looking mighty fine to me. Where is the radio set (I think) front from? Looks far better detailed than the kit version…..no gun sight in that version though?
Thanks Tim,much appreciated mate:thumb2:,That Radio fing is from the set of "£d Etch" stuff from the set i put up on page 1 .... pretty good stuff,however,it comes with absolutely no instruction!!..... Rather good stuff i admit mind!!
That's a great job Andy, the radio really does look smart
Cheers Mick,Great to see you mate..... Thanks for that :thumb2:
Coming along very nicely Andy.
Cheers Ian,very nice of you to say so;)

.... Update soon Guys..... but only a tiny one!!:anguished:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
IMG20220909180101.jpg
YEP!!.... I said it`d be a tiny one!! ;)......
When i started the canopy masks i thought "What could possibly go wrong"!!:thumb2:.... but NO .... plenty can!! :rolling:.....
... Nevermind,it was my first attempt:flushed: ....
.... i`ll try again,but had to take a breather!!.... you Wingy builders must be MAD!!:astonished:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Excellent short update Mr. Smiff and masking canopy's is pure madness!!! May I ask why you have 2 different types of spinning things in your picture??? One with pointy ends and the other with round ones. Just wondering..........

Prost
Allen, with cold one in hand

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
View attachment 462645
YEP!!.... I said it`d be a tiny one!! ;)......
When i started the canopy masks i thought "What could possibly go wrong"!!:thumb2:.... but NO .... plenty can!! :rolling:.....
... Nevermind,it was my first attempt:flushed: ....
.... i`ll try again,but had to take a breather!!.... you Wingy builders must be MAD!!:astonished:
Andy mate, have a look at the instructions….there are two types of prop in the kit depending upon variant, and you’ve done one of each……

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Your secret is safe with me Andy.....I realize working out in the middle of nowhere all day long has its downside. Talking to the trees and fish, without getting an answer, does take a toll on one's mental capacity over time. Coming home and attempting to model at the bench can be very stressful, to say the least...Especially, if the parts don't answer you either......................

I'll get my coat now..................

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
BTW,Tim....
Sorry forgot to answer your previous question....
Yes,I do have the gunsight to fit,I left it off in fear of breaking it whilst handling it to get the fuselage halves together.... Well spotted mind mate ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I’m having my doubts here. You say your not an aircraft builder, but then produce a Mosquito, at this high level of finish. I mean, the figures are outstanding.
Right, cards on the table, I think you sir, are a closet aircraft builder, but are too afraid to tell your armour friends.
Look, it’s ok, just join our gang instead. Easy.