Tim’s 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito (papa695’s group build 2022)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
One to be proud of Tim. I enjoyed following your build and the end result is tribute to your skill and patience.
Thanks Jim. Glad you enjoyed it, but I think it’s more a tribute to my sheer bloodymindedness in not giving up.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
No, sorry Tim , this is too good - youre making us aircraft builders look distinctly average ! You are now barred from wingy things and must stick to little mesters or army things .
In all seriousness though , this is a superb build , the finishing and attention to detail in the weathering are fantastic . One to be proud of even if you didnt fully enjoy the experience! I sense a Dogs award coming soon , cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
No, sorry Tim , this is too good - youre making us aircraft builders look distinctly average ! You are now barred from wingy things and must stick to little mesters or army things .
In all seriousness though , this is a superb build , the finishing and attention to detail in the weathering are fantastic . One to be proud of even if you didnt fully enjoy the experience! I sense a Dogs award coming soon , cheers tony
Well, that’s me blushing then…….don’t know why I found it such a drag, it’s come out OK? I do get a bit bored with the masking and spraying though. It all seems a bit mechanical. Still, I’ve got a half finished Westland Whirlwind in the drawer, so might get that out at some point, and there are at least eight aircraft in the stash. Haven’t got much shelf space left though……one more will take me up to ten completed aircraft in the cabinet since I restart the hobby a few years ago.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
That's bl**dy marvelous, Tim!
Very respectable indeed,and as the others have said,one to be proud of. Top job sir, and also props for honouring Leonard Cheshire.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cheers Neil. Very kind of you. I think Len Cheshire deserves honouring, so I’m pleased to do so, even in such a small way.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
One tight and neat build, Tim.

Really nice aircraft. Top marks for sure!

.... and to cap it all, very nicely presented.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
One tight and neat build, Tim.

Really nice aircraft. Top marks for sure!

.... and to cap it all, very nicely presented.
Cheers Ron. Not sure the presentation is up to your quality though. I just spread a blue shirt on the bench and used my bench light to illuminate it from above LOL…..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tim......

Think Tony summed it up very nicely. A great finish and a great tribute to a great man.

If Lonesome Polecat turns out half as good I'll be very pleased.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

PS have to agree masking can be a big faff!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim......

Think Tony summed it up very nicely. A great finish and a great tribute to a great man.

If Lonesome Polecat turns out half as good I'll be very pleased.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

PS have to agree masking can be a big faff!
Cheers Andrew. Very kind comments. I know Polecat will turn out at least as well, you are putting a great deal of effort into it.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Dunno what to say!!....
That's superb Tim,a real feast for the ole peepers :smiling3:
The whole thing looks excellent obviously,but for me,that last pic, showing the MGs head on IS the Dogs all on it's own...... Such a mean looking set up,top,top stuff mate :smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Awww Tim, how can you go back to the little fellows after receiving accolades such as these??? You must now become a dedicated Wingy Thingy builder Emeritus and take your rightful position in the WT Hall of Fame....giving forth with all manner of advice and dictation as to how to and what's what etc.......Don't you just love "celebrity"? :cool: You did a beautiful job on this and the other guys are right on in their comments .......a prodigy, you are.:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely build Tim, for a moment I thought I'd catch a glimpse of one of your little fellas piloting the Mossie. Well deserved accolades from the rabble.
Always loved this version of the early canopy.

Cheers,
Richard