Tim’s 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito (papa695’s group build 2022)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Judging by all the feedback Tim you have done an incredible job on a tough project. Well done sir!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Dunno what to say!!....
That's superb Tim,a real feast for the ole peepers :smiling3:
The whole thing looks excellent obviously,but for me,that last pic, showing the MGs head on IS the Dogs all on it's own...... Such a mean looking set up,top,top stuff mate :smiling3:
Cheers Andy. Must admit, I do like that picture ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I don't know anything about building wingy things, Tim, but this looks an absolute treat. What a range of skills you have!
Many thanks Paul. Not sure about a range of skills, I just make what I see then paint it ;) I would recommend that all modellers try something different from time to time though. It‘s how you expand your range of abilities.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That looks really good Tim.

It's so good for me as a modeller following you experts and seeing what can be achieved.

Great work.

Mike
Not an expert Mike, just a journeyman on a journey…..glad you like it though.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Awww Tim, how can you go back to the little fellows after receiving accolades such as these??? You must now become a dedicated Wingy Thingy builder Emeritus and take your rightful position in the WT Hall of Fame....giving forth with all manner of advice and dictation as to how to and what's what etc.......Don't you just love "celebrity"? :cool: You did a beautiful job on this and the other guys are right on in their comments .......a prodigy, you are.:thumb2:
Thing is Rick, I like doing the little blokes :tongue-out3: I’m pleased with the accolades, but am more podgity than prodigy anyway……and I do find wingies a bit boring after two or three in a row.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely build Tim, for a moment I thought I'd catch a glimpse of one of your little fellas piloting the Mossie. Well deserved accolades from the rabble.
Always loved this version of the early canopy.

Cheers,
Richard
Glad you liked it Richard. No pilots, I think they stop you seeing the cockpit :tongue-out3:
Gratified that it’s received so many accolades though ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Judging by all the feedback Tim you have done an incredible job on a tough project. Well done sir!
Cheers Steve. Not that tough though, just a little tedious at times because the engineering in the kit could be marginally improved to make it a much more positive experience…….I guess I’ve been spoilt by more modern kits……..

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
What more can a man say Tim??? An overall beautiful finish and very nicely weathered too. I think deep down, you actually enjoyed building this kit, despite the probs along the way. I also think it won't be your last either. A fantastic tribute Sir and a job well done!!!

I guess it's back to the lawn ornaments for a while now, huh???

Prost
Allen