Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` all,
This may not be of interest to many,but i`m finally getting around to starting an A.A. Dio that i`ve had in mind for ages now!
I got prodded to get it underway when i caught an old Black and White,40s British film called "Light Up the sky".It`s about an A.A. station situated "Somewhere in England" and set up on a Cricket ground,the crew used the Pavilion as their accomodation.
I`m going to attempt a similar senario,comprising of Bofors Gun,Searchlight,M.G. Post and a Matador truck.
So far the only actual physical progress is the Bofors,it`s an old Italeri version,but i have to say,it`s most enjoyable to build,quite nicely detailed and comprises of a LOT of parts!!
I`ve built up the Sub assemblies,and primed them with Tamiya Light Grey,they will remain separated to ease painting.....`ere be pictures........
IMG20201031153018.jpg
The box art there,now some pretty poor pics of the sub assemblies......
IMG20201103180849.jpg
The firing deck there,next up,the Long stick......
IMG20201103180249.jpg
Lastly,a couple of the trailer.....
IMG20201103180458.jpg
IMG20201103180730.jpg
So there it is so far,next i`ll get some O.D. on it and some detail painting. I`m running with this whilst also continuing with my M5A1 for Simon`s GB.
Thanks for looking in,feel free to add any comments or suggestions,
Cheers for now,
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Look good Andy, some nice photos as well . I shall grab a seat before the Rabble turn up .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking good Mr Smith.
Don’t think I’ve seen this kit before but interested to see how you get on :thumb2:

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mr S

Very interesting choice for a dio and plenty of green to be splashed around. Good job so far. And so far I will resist all cricketing puns, but I can't promise anything for the future.

John

First Name
Andy
I have never seen that kit before but it looks to be good, nice work so far.

Andy.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
Sounds a nice idea for a dio. Gun is looking good.
Jim
Thanks Jim,it`s an idea i`ve had for quite some time,it feels good to finally have the chance to get around to it:thumb2:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good Mr Smith.
Don’t think I’ve seen this kit before but interested to see how you get on :thumb2:
Cheers Si !
It`s a pretty good kit and the fit makes it a pleasure to build,if not a little fiddly in places!;) ,
Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looks good Andy.
I knew very little about this particular gun, so I Googleed it!

Sorry John, I just couldn't resist it......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Mr S

Very interesting choice for a dio and plenty of green to be splashed around. Good job so far. And so far I will resist all cricketing puns, but I can't promise anything for the future.

John
Thanks very much John,no need to hold back on the Cricketing puns,in fact i was going to add one myself....... but i got stumped trying to come up with one! (see what i did there?!!:confounded: )
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Andy,
I got this one on an Ebay raid a while ago,can`t remember for how much but it wouldn`t have been much over twenty quid,if at all!!
There are a couple other offerings from other makers which are more accurate,but more expensive.
There`s nothing wrong with this Italeri version if you ask me,it builds up into quite a nice example,with a few extras it can be a cracking Dio piece IMHO.:thumb2:
Andy

Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,I`ve tidied up the seam lines and sink marks as well as i could see,gave the sub assemblies a dash of OG,and then put the 3 main elements together.All that`s left off are the front towing "H frame",the sighting array and the ammo in the guide,these will be added once the weathering is complete,not that there`ll be loads of it.
A few pics..............
IMG20201105134750.jpg
IMG20201105134824.jpg
IMG20201105134641.jpg
So there you go,i think it`s a pretty good kit,and it certainly serves my purposes.:smiling:
It`s being put to one side now while i break open and build up the next piece of the jigsaw.......... The Bedford!!!!!............(but mine`ll be British!)
IMG20201105135552.jpg
Watch this space..................... T.B.C............
Andy

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice tidy work Andy...looks like a nice kit :thumb2:
Ive built a few Italeri kits and nver been disappointed.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the gun all cleaned up and painted. Looking forward to seeing the Bedford as well. You are spoiling us.