Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I had the same idea Andy and have the same kit, the Bedford though is also an Italeri kit. Howzat!!! Anyway it'll be a long time before I get to do a dio with so many projects on the go. I haven't compared the Bofors with the Hobbyboss kit that's mounted on a GMC. I think Scotties built that one.

Looking good so far now waiting for your Bedford.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Mr Smith a good " catch " :smiling3: from Evil bay

TAXI for the old fool .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Guys,
Well,as part of my current Dio i need a 60" Search light..... and i can`t find a kit of one:disappointed2:!
SOOOOOO,I`m going to try and turn THIS.....
IMG20201107162802.jpg
Into,THIS........
S light 2.jpg
Now,i still need to source a couple of donors for a few things,but in general i have enough to start my attempt.
I`m working off pics from the pc,so measurements are just my calculations,however i`m quite confident they`re fairly accurate!!:rolling:
It should be fun,however,my mate Cohan,(who usually sits on the back of the settee and watches,whilst i`m modelling away),is having none of it......
IMG20201107124041.jpg
Oh Ye of little faith...... mind you,he`s probably right!!
This should be fun,there are a few bits that i have no idea how i`m gonna re create yet!!:flushed:
Thanks for looking in,any abuse always welcomed chaps!!
Andy,(and a sulking Cohan!!)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Welcome along Scottie!!
Nice to have some support during my personal "Mission Too Far"!!;)
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Cohan....doesn't he run the pub down on the corner? No, my mistake, that's Behan's Irish pub.........Sorry sometimes I get my hans mixed up, don't know left from right. :rolling: This should be fun to follow I have a search light in the stash, so am interested to see how your scratchery progresses. Thanks fer putting up with me. Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
I'm sure you will do a fine job.
Bearded Dragon? In her late teens my daughter had 3 of them. She called them Flame, Smoke and Ember. Most beautiful and fascinating creatures. When excited or stressed their throats puffed up and turned black. She fed them crickets, locusts and mealworms. The missus was in constant fear that the "food" would escape!
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Definitely doable Andy and I'm sure you'll do a fine job of it. I think the most challenging part would be the curved structure holding the light up.

Once it's done Cohan will need shades.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You can do it Andy, have every confidence.
Will sit with Si as he can see better than me and will explain the technical parts. Don't let "Rivet " Jones talk you into any camo .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As a part of the current dio, this build should be in the same build thread. I have now merged the two threads to keep things together and easy to follow.

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry for the delay in replying Guys..... not had a great deal of site time due to "easing myself back into work",after my rehabilitation period!!
The upside is,i`ve managed to squeeze in some time scratching the Searchlight-more of that later ;) ,
Work on the Bedford has not progressed a lot,just the wheels,fuel tanks and a couple of engine bay type stuff bits done:disappointed2:.
Andy

Reactions: JR