Tonight,Long stick goes Boom.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I hope the gun's tyres aren't going to stay green!
Pete
Hi Peter,nice to see you,
No,don`t worry,although i have a Propensity for all things Green,(Much like a certain Racey member of this community!!),even I,wouldn`t paint Tyres Green!! :smiling: ......... or would I.....???!!!:thinking:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I had the same idea Andy and have the same kit, the Bedford though is also an Italeri kit. Howzat!!! Anyway it'll be a long time before I get to do a dio with so many projects on the go. I haven't compared the Bofors with the Hobbyboss kit that's mounted on a GMC. I think Scotties built that one.

Looking good so far now waiting for your Bedford.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks very much Richard:thumb2:,
I know what you mean.....We have SO MANY ideas bouncing around in the Bonce that it`s just impossible to get to start them all any time soon!!
"Howzat!!".......Well,SOMEONE had to crowbar that one into the conversation somewhere eh mate?!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Andy

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evening,(Again!!) Chaps,
Now i`m moving on to the searchlight Scratchy attempt :flushed: !
Ian has moved it from it`s own thread to here,which is fine by me,the reason i gave it a separate thread was purely because it`s my first ever scratch build,so thought it needed "Distance",however,as it would,(Hopefully),be good enough to join this Dio when finished,I can see Ian`s point.
Before i reveal my puny efforts at scratching said 60" British Searchlight Trailer,and there are still parts to be added yet,i would like to thank everyone who`s taken the time to look in or comment on my thread.....it really has brought a smile to my face:thumb2:,
So,here are my,rather tardy responses to you..........

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cohan....doesn't he run the pub down on the corner? No, my mistake, that's Behan's Irish pub.........Sorry sometimes I get my hans mixed up, don't know left from right. :rolling: This should be fun to follow I have a search light in the stash, so am interested to see how your scratchery progresses. Thanks fer putting up with me. Rick H.
Hi Rick,
Great to have you along Sir! What Searchlight Kit do you have?....I combed the net and found very few..... and no 60" ones?! :thinking:
As for my "Scratchery" progress........... please don`t expect too much Sir!!:flushed:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
For a brief moment I thought the 2nd picture was your completed article...........
For a Brief moment i thought you would be correct Karl !!..... However,in reality......... (Look on:rolling:)!
Great to see you again though mate!!:thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy
I'm sure you will do a fine job.
Bearded Dragon? In her late teens my daughter had 3 of them. She called them Flame, Smoke and Ember. Most beautiful and fascinating creatures. When excited or stressed their throats puffed up and turned black. She fed them crickets, locusts and mealworms. The missus was in constant fear that the "food" would escape!
Jim

Cheers Jim,Thanks for your confidence in me!
Yes,Indeed indeed Cohan is a Bearded Dragon,and,as you say,they are both fascinating and Beautiful,(in their own way),creatures!:cool:
Cohan likes his Locusts fed to him with Fingers/Tongs,so nothing escapes...... He`s part of the family!!
Andy

• Wow

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Gonna be an A-team special i recon but it’s totally doable.
If you can get your hands on some dimensions you’ll be well away sir.
"A-Team special"?!!!......
Well Si,that`s very kind of you buddy....although,one of my "Specials"may not be that special! :rolling::rolling:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Definitely doable Andy and I'm sure you'll do a fine job of it. I think the most challenging part would be the curved structure holding the light up.

Once it's done Cohan will need shades.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
"Doable" for most Richard,but only "Attemptable"for me:rolling:,
You`re spot on about that support bracket for the Light Drum itself being tricky......But i have a plan;)!!
Cohan can barely be bothered to raise his head at the mo,but once he sees my efforts i bet he.......
...... does NOTHING at all!!:tears-of-joy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm sure you can do it Andy, as they say on Top Gear, How hard can it be? :thinking::confounded::rolling:
Evenin` Graeme,
Thanks for your confidence in me!! For "Top Gear,how can hard can it be?".......
.........Read, "Low,Devonian gear..... What can possibly go right!!":smiling5:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You can do it Andy, have every confidence.
Will sit with Si as he can see better than me and will explain the technical parts. Don't let "Rivet " Jones talk you into any camo .
Mr.Race,How the Devil are you ?!(Love to Christine too!)
Si will look after you for sure Sir:thumb2: ,as for Jonesy.... well,let him bring his camo ideas on.......and,as long as it`s Greens,with copious amounts of Rivets,we`ll get along just fine and Dandy!!:blow-kiss:!!
Andy

• Love

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good luck with the build Andy. I used to have a bearded dragon, he used to come and sit on my lap while I was watching the TV.
Hi Ian,
Thanks mate.
They`re great little pets aren`t they,Cohan`s only 14months old,JUST about an Adult,but already loves to watch the TV with us,and have a general run around the front room :hungry: ,(No need for people to raise their eyebrows at that....... these creatures are very clean,and only do their "Business" in a certain area in their tank.:thumb2:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
As a part of the current dio, this build should be in the same build thread. I have now merged the two threads to keep things together and easy to follow.
OK Ian,Thanks for that:thumb2:,
Sorry for the indiscretion.... my mistake,
Cheers,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
ALL RIGHTY THEN ....... It`s time to unveil my sad attempts at Scratchduggery!!:anguished:
Now this is just the Trailer,so far,for the searchlight.It`s taken me Blimmin` AGES,and consists of spare parts ranging from a Willy`s Jeep to a StuG,(Sorry Bob,i don`t know what Ausfs!!),and Plasticard/Strut to unused Etch bits.
As i`m a pure novice at Scratching,i`m fairly happy,although i know that you`ll all spot loads of errors and i do admit to taking a bit of poetic License in certain areas!!;) The whole footprint of it is 90mm X 75mm,and as far as i could ascertain from pictures and info,this,as well as all the other parts that i`ve built up together,works out to be "Smith World" in 1/35 sizing!
It may look tardy to you,but(,and i`m ashamed to admit this!!),this has taken up a LOT of my time..... i`m especially open to comments and critique from you scratchers out there!
Anyway...... `ere be pics...........
IMG20201113162647.jpg
IMG20201113162345.jpg
There`s a couple "Overall" pics..... i still have to add a bracket to the sides of those two circular motors on the left there,and put some Domes over the Wheel hubs.
I haven`t put the Pic of the real thing up again for comparison ,but it`s back a couple pages!..... Here`s some closer pics:dizzy:!!
IMG20201113162401.jpg
IMG20201113162603.jpg

:flushed:
IMG20201113162624.jpg
There you go! That`s as far as i`ve got up to now,i`ve cobbled/hacked and sliced a billion bits and shoved `em together just to progress a teeny weeny bit each night!! :flushed:
Thanks for looking in,stay safe,
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks the part mate. Cleanly built as well. I love the chains on the socket covers. I would be well happy with that.