Valeron's 1/35 ICM KHD S3000/SS M Maultier

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
A bit more progress.

The tracks have nearly been fitted. I found they extremely difficult and the they're a bit of a mess in places. It's my first time doing this so whilst I'm disappointed with the results I'm happy that they're nearly done. I'll do better next time. All I can say is thank you for superglue and paperclips. I have 4 paperclips drilled into the axels to replace parts I snapped during assembly of the tracks.

The cabin and good are dry fitted only on the model for now and need further work before they can be fastened down.

I'm hoping to complete the build and painting next week and then spend some time weathering. I'll be using pigments for the first time and hoping some of those on the tracks will hide the worst parts.

20221111_100859.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You learn something with every model, I think :smiling3:

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Tracks are complete but very very messy. I'm now struggling to get the cabin on.

Many broken parts along the way.

I have struggled alot with this model of late and have had thoughts of binning it.

But I'm going to complete it so that I can practise some weathering techniques on it.

20221114_163605.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Press on Mike, you have made a great effort on this. All those "sins" may yet be covered up with a little judicious weathering and an application of mud in the right places. ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Glad you kept pushing this one onwards Mike. It’s always a boost to actually finish a build, and this one looks pretty good now.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looks great Mike!!! Now you just have to sling some mud all over it and muck it up!!!

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
No complaints from me despite all your problems. Well done for persevering!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I have to agree with Allen and Andrew..... you've stuck with it and now it's time to reap the reward. ;)

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I'm calling this done.

I had my first session with pigments and have added dust and mud. And plenty of it. I hope its not too much.

Thanks for watching everyone and thanks very much for the encouragement and help along the way.

I'll post further pictures in a completed thread later today.

20221118_072028.jpg

20221118_072003.jpg

Mike

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Actually Mike, I have seen pics. of these tracks on Stalin's highway that were swimming in mud. I don't think you can have too much....just a matter of how much to achieve the effect you are trying to create. Looks pretty convincing to me. :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Rick's right. These things really threw up mud. Looks very good.

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
My wife wasn't impressed. She asked why we can't just make our models shiny and sparkling new.

It's a bit ironic as her car is an absolute disgrace. Our daughter came home at the weekend and wrote "Clean me" in the dust.

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
My wife wasn't impressed. She asked why we can't just make our models shiny and sparkling new.

It's a bit ironic as her car is an absolute disgrace. Our daughter came home at the weekend and wrote "Clean me" in the dust.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete

I've got a daughter like that. If she gives me a lift anywhere I tell her I need to wipe my feet before I get out.
Pete