Valerons Airfix 1/72 Mosquito B.XVI

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
No complaints from at all!! Almost making me want to get mine out next!

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
One step forward and one step backwards.

I started on the decals and so far so good but a long way to go.

It then dawned on me that I'd failed to mask a clear part on the underside. It's only small and I must have missed it.

It tried to carefully clean of the layers of prime, paint and clear coats so in the end removed the part. I'll now need to do clean up and redo paint work and I'll use Krystal clear instead of the clear part which is not usable.

Annoying but not the end of the world.

20220927_101708.jpg

20220927_101723.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That is looking very good Mike. Glad you're happy with your progress and still enjoying it :thumb2:
To help minimise paint seepage under the masking tape try not to direct the AB spray into the masked edge. Also I burnish the edge of the tape with one of THESE. It is only the edges that need to be well stuck down and then there is less chance of pulling off paint.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Mike!

Valeron

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
That is looking very good Mike. Glad you're happy with your progress and still enjoying it :thumb2:
To help minimise paint seepage under the masking tape try not to direct the AB spray into the masked edge. Also I burnish the edge of the tape with one of THESE. It is only the edges that need to be well stuck down and then there is less chance of pulling off paint.

Thanks Jim.

I like the look of those shaped cotton buds.

Unfortunately I don't use an Airbrush and brush paint, so have to paint over the masking.

I might consider investing in an airbrush when I've conquered a few more models.

Mike

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Looks good Mike :thumb2:

I think the Krystal clear will be a good replacement. I often have those “doh” moments when I realise I’ve forgotten something at the end of a build too :flushed:

Geoff.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yes Mike, she is looking mighty fine Sir!!! Getting real close to the build finish. Good fix idea for the window. I don't think I masked mine up enough when I painted. Was the window only round or square with a round center piece in it???

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Mike to get a finish as good as that with a brush - all credit to you.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Punch a new one out of clear styrene sheet and glue it in......she's looking sweet.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Mike!! Very well done.

Andrew

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Very nicely done Mike :thumb2:

Looking forward to seeing your final reveal photos.

Geoff.