Wee Friends 120mm Glider Pilot, Arnhem

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nicely done Pierre.The FER one does look a dinky little blighter.Make a nice pair together.Think it might have the G.P 120mm still somewhere.
Rich.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

I'll bet you enjoyed all the drapery on the trousers, its has achieved the zenith of shading, well done.

Its perhaps just as well that the bust was a ""different"" scale as your head choice was a good one.

I guess it will ne a quiet day and the small bust next?

enjoy the better light, but its cold out there!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Ricardo - Thanks. The FeR is tiny, but a fantastic sculpt. No way I'll get it any where near the box art.

Steve - Morning. I did enjoy painting the trousers. They are a bit messy at the left back, which is where all the moulding debris had to be removed, but that's mostly hidden.

We had our garage turned over yesterday by next door's removal men. Our new neighbour said he thought they had assumed our old neighbour had some of her stuff stored there, but that's unlikely. I think it was just a bit of opportunistic robbery. Fortunately there was nothing but rubbish in there, but they did take one of the house's interior doors and an old frame tent - they were nor interested in the mountains of pottery left over from my antique dealing days, worse luck, as I do need to get rid of it. We've contacted our old neighbour for an explanation.

Just the hands an Lee Enfield to do today.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ricardo - Thanks. The FeR is tiny, but a fantastic sculpt. No way I'll get it any where near the box art.

Steve - Morning. I did enjoy painting the trousers. They are a bit messy at the left back, which is where all the moulding debris had to be removed, but that's mostly hidden.

We had our garage turned over yesterday by next door's removal men. Our new neighbour said he thought they had assumed our old neighbour had some of her stuff stored there, but that's unlikely. I think it was just a bit of opportunistic robbery. Fortunately there was nothing but rubbish in there, but they did take one of the house's interior doors and an old frame tent - they were nor interested in the mountains of pottery left over from my antique dealing days, worse luck, as I do need to get rid of it. We've contacted our old neighbour for an explanation.

Just the hands an Lee Enfield to do today.
I'd report it.... But then I am biased when it comes to that sort of thing...

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Andrew. We've contacted our old neighbour and it sounds like she employed a bunch of cowboys. It's under investigation.

In the meantime, this one is finished:

100_8574.JPG100_8576.JPG100_8577.JPG100_8570.JPG

Just the hands and rifle to do today. I also made a rifle sling from paper, metal foil and wire.

A really enjoyable build this one. I have a Wee Friends Celtic warrior in the stash, which I'm now really looking forward to. Before that, some busts.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew. We've contacted our old neighbour and it sounds like she employed a bunch of cowboys. It's under investigation.

In the meantime, this one is finished:

View attachment 401466View attachment 401467View attachment 401468View attachment 401471

Just the hands and rifle to do today. I also made a rifle sling from paper, metal foil and wire.

A really enjoyable build this one. I have a Wee Friends Celtic warrior in the stash, which I'm now really looking forward to. Before that, some busts.
Looking good Peter and hope you get the other issue sorted!

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
A great finish Peter. The Denison smock has come out really well, as did your previous efforts. I really like the way you get the "painted" camouflage effect.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Excellent Peter. This one is beautifully painted and the pose is very natural.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great job Peter. The denison is fantastic. As to the other issue, I never understand why anyone would use a less than reputable firm for house moving. After all, when they are loading and unloading they are responsible for handling everything you own. If they damage anything important through inexperience or ineptitude it could really ruin your move day.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As we have come to expect Peter, perfection.
As to those so called removal men, hope they get done, and well at that.

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks for your kind appreciation of this one people.

The garage issue is OK. Our ex neighbour is waiting for an explanation from the removal 'firm', but I don't think she'll get one - they were that dodgy. At least it's motivated us into sorting the thing out.