What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Really nice build so far Lee and I know exactly what you mean about making things work. It's actually a serious disease that I suffer from too. Of course you can't make everything work like the original, but the nervous breakdown fun is in trying to!!!.....

Prost
Allen

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Yes, I'm down to 72 as I've broken all my 80s & 75s. MLHS couldn't survive COVID so must rely on Micro Mark.

Lucky for me my drill bits are on supply, my wife has an account with a tool company... cheap bits here and there for me :smiling:

Really nice build so far Lee and I know exactly what you mean about making things work. It's actually a serious disease that I suffer from too. Of course you can't make everything work like the original, but the nervous breakdown fun is in trying to!!!.....

Prost
Allen

Thanks Allen
The twitch has subsided sL..igHT,,..#$%ly th!#ank..fulLY :confounded::tongue-out3:

Lee

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for posting the pics. Lee, that steering is the Bomb.....they make conversion kits in the scale I model in but they are very clumsy looking.......yours looks very realistic. well done. :thumb2: Rick H.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks for posting the pics. Lee, that steering is the Bomb.....they make conversion kits in the scale I model in but they are very clumsy looking.......yours looks very realistic. well done. :thumb2: Rick H.

I doubted myself in the beginning, it's a solid mold... Panda don't want it to move but I do... bugger! What have I started?! :confounded:

Thanks Rick, it means a lot, especially with no confidence in my abilities.

Lee

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Andy, yes it's a real diamond. I was pleased that mine rests nice and level, I didn't fuss while assembling the lower chassis. Not keen on the rubber kit tires mold line, am waiting for a set of resin Panzer Art replacements but wow they were pricy.

Reactions: JR

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
A homemade spray booth from the happy union of a cheap but sturdy cardboard box from a well known blue and yellow Scandinavian brand and what remains of my home air conditioning system which gave its last cool breathe just when it was much needed. :face-with-thermometer:
IMG_6845r.JPG
In the pic also some parts of my BV 206, a belated build I'm striving to revive. Just some test priming, for the moment, so nothing rally interesting to update that thread.
cute-cat-gifs-018.gif

Andrea.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
WOW, Ron is building a WOT!!! Oh, a WOT truck. Looks good Ron and good to see you back at the bench and posting again. Hope all is well!!!

Andrea, You can't beat an old cardboard box for a spray booth. I love mine and I loved the price too!!! Sorry about the A/C quitting on you. I sure could use one here in the Fatherland.....

I haven't had a lot of table time lately. I never thought it would be more work to retire, than all the years I have worked to earn it. I'm still planning on 1 August as the day, but red tape, corona, bureaucratic nonsense and plain BS are making it very, very difficult. I have just about finished my Eduard Me-109 and done some under shading. I just need the heat and humidity to break so I can shoot a coat of RLM65 on it,

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

The red clip is to keep me from breaking off the tail antenna and the underside fit is horrible. If you ever want to build this kit with the side panels on and the hood closed, DON'T and I mean DON'T install the motor!!! I learned the hard way and it was a real beatch to try and fix. The hood still doesn't fit. For example,

IMG_2476.JPG

When it finally cools down, I can drive on and finish this puppy. Might be in October though......................

Prost
Allen, with my fan on the Cyclone setting.....................

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Bro! Hope all is good for you as well ! Nice Messerschmitt, you might just get me to try building a wingy thing !!

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Interesting stats......

So the Flak 18/36/37 etc started production 42 years before I asked my Gran to buy me the Tamiya kit in 1978. (she didn't)

It's been 42 years between then and now and finally I'm building it.

Also, I seem to recall that 42 is the answer to life, the universe & everything.

I probably better not mess it up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.