What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This is where I'm at with my Rumanian Ford (G-8-T) or so I'm told. Scratched a bed for it as the original was way too large.....the rest will be detail work etc. Frame was badly warped and I had to use the "Hot" water method to get it to relax into some semblance of straight/true. Penny is for size comparison for those unfamiliar with 1/87 scale. Rick H.P1011902.JPGP1011903.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
This is where I'm at with my Rumanian Ford (G-8-T) or so I'm told. Scratched a bed for it as the original was way too large.....the rest will be detail work etc. Frame was badly warped and I had to use the "Hot" water method to get it to relax into some semblance of straight/true. Penny is for size comparison for those unfamiliar with 1/87 scale. Rick H.View attachment 427580View attachment 427581
Hope that resin doesn’t have a lot of memory in it. You may have to break it and reset it I’m not much on Clares resin pieces. I think there under sized quite a bit

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I tend to agree with you about the scale deficiency...I can live with that, as they aren't that far off.....I suspect maybe they are like 1/90 but definitely larger than 1/96 as I have some 1/96 figs. and they look like children standing next to one of his models. The only reason I buy certain of his models is because they are not available anywhere else. After this one I may swear off resin models completely......it's been a real PITA and I'm still not sure I'll get a good outcome with this one. Claire uses polyurethane resin and I'm not sure if that is a good resin product or not but it certainly is very flexible........not sure if that is a good feature or not, I am not used to resin models and the only ones I've done besides his are Heiser's and Arsenal M. I will say that his are the only ones I have had warping issues with though. Thanks for stopping by Lee. :thumb2: Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Interesting stats......

So the Flak 18/36/37 etc started production 42 years before I asked my Gran to buy me the Tamiya kit in 1978. (she didn't)

It's been 42 years between then and now and finally I'm building it.

Also, I seem to recall that 42 is the answer to life, the universe & everything.

I probably better not mess it up then.

Is that how old my Tamiya Flak 88 is?...and I haven't even put it in a dio since planning that ages ago. Better take the thumb out of my mouth and start picking up the pace. :rolling:;):smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
What's on my bench today are some 1/35 Lee Enfields from the spare part box which I will be modifying to shortened Jungle Enfields that were used by our armed forces during the first Malayan Emergency. Thought I'd contribute a dio for our local GB on our country's history and it has to look right with the correct weaponry. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Cheers,
Richard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Wasn’t that Peterbilt one also released by Matchbox? If so then I built it in my youth, and was not impressed by its quality :smiling3:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wasn’t that Peterbilt one also released by Matchbox? If so then I built it in my youth, and was not impressed by its quality :smiling3:
Yes. But the UK box art was different than the ones sold here in the United States

Reactions: JR

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
IMG_20210629_212336494.jpg
I can't believe it is actually a YEAR since I posted on this.
For those who don't know it's the Airfix 1/12 scale Imperial Guard Grenadier which I blogged HERE last year.
I'm struggling to pick up where I left off with the French Line Infantry, and I can't face sculpting another Gunner just yet, so I've just had a read through of the old build thread and I think I'll have a bash at those dreaded Raquettes tomorrow

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
What's on my bench today are some 1/35 Lee Enfields from the spare part box which I will be modifying to shortened Jungle Enfields that were used by our armed forces during the first Malayan Emergency. Thought I'd contribute a dio for our local GB on our country's history and it has to look right with the correct weaponry. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Cheers,
Richard
That will be interesting Richard, not a subject we see .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Is that how old my Tamiya Flak 88 is?...and I haven't even put it in a dio since planning that ages ago. Better take the thumb out of my mouth and start picking up the pace. :rolling:;):smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
Incidentally the Old Church Ruin dio which I'm working on sits on the very same base the 88 Flak gun was supposed to be on. The wall paper road and pavement is a left over being used now.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
In the world of PE there are two things I hate doing. One is clamps the other is hinges

It took one hour to do these two using 0.5mm styrene rod and 0.5mm pewter rivets. Fortunately there are only two more too do. Life would have been easier if I had chosen to have the hatches closed :smiling3: :cool: :thumb2:

Add Watermark_2021_07_05_05_57_01.jpgAdd Watermark_2021_07_05_05_57_01 (2).jpgAdd Watermark_2021_07_05_05_57_01 (3).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.