What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Something out of the ordinary for me recently….
A 1/16th Norse Warrior for a friend of a friend…….sometimes it’s nice to be able to see the detail, but he is a bit heavy…..don’t know how P Diddy used to keep these things stable while he painted….
Face more or less done….no eyes on this sculpt. Should make it easier, but actually made it harder to give him a bit of life! Quite pleased with the beard.
9DFEAE30-D0FB-4B33-BEE3-AD524D6D6D6A.jpeg

..and a calibration shot for those who cannot visualise the scale…brought to you by the miracle of blue tack….I’d say he is about six times my usual scale.
BCA96A74-C3B5-4319-B752-498744DE4098.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's quite a change in size for you Tim, no easier to do either.
Beard and the start of the skin tones looking good.
Is the armour leather or some metal ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Poured second layer of clear resin and waiting for it to cure. Can't wait to get the ripples done with white glue. Reflections are from the shelf and overhead light.

View attachment 431906

Cheers,
Richard
Look good Richard, the vegetation in the actual water gives the sense of movement. Any leaks from the first pour ?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Look good Richard, the vegetation in the actual water gives the sense of movement. Any leaks from the first pour ?
Thanks John, no leaks from the gates. The submerged floating leaves can only be appreciated from certain angles. I'm about to add more images to the dio thread.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That's quite a change in size for you Tim, no easier to do either.
Beard and the start of the skin tones looking good.
Is the armour leather or some metal ?
Thanks for the support John. Skin tones are pretty much there, I am going for weatherbeaten because he spends his raiding season on an open boat in the North Sea! Might get one more pass on highlights once the helmet is done, but pretty close now. The armour is leather, with the very oversized belt buckle in iron…..
As to size, it’s harder to paint John. Nowhere to hide with washes and dry brush on something this size, and it’s physically hard to keep still when holding it. It all needs to be painted in……and I’m out of practice :tongue-out3:

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Loving the water Richard. Getting better each pour…..

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That Viking is looking superb, Tim. The mouth and beard - oh my goodness! Looking forward to seeing the helmet done - looking forward to seeing it completely done, tbh.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That Viking is looking superb, Tim. The mouth and beard - oh my goodness! Looking forward to seeing the helmet done - looking forward to seeing it completely done, tbh.
Thanks Paul. Really glad you like it. As to looking forward to seeing it all done….so am I LOL….

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Norse dude looks suitably angry Tim.
The water looks great Richard, I've never had the stones to try it:smiling:, but w/174' of M2 Treadway, 156' of 1938 footbridge & 40' of double Bailey carried by 2 companies of combat engineers and elements of a Treadway Bridge Company, I'll have to at some point.
100_2916.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very envious of your collection Paul. Is that years or months of work??

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The water looks great Richard, I've never had the stones to try it:smiling:, but w/174' of M2 Treadway, 156' of 1938 footbridge & 40' of double Bailey carried by 2 companies of combat engineers and elements of a Treadway Bridge Company, I'll have to at some point.
View attachment 431996
That's very tidy Paul, are you ok ?;)

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Decades Steve, & still not done.
The compressor trucks & utility boats/trailers are on the bench. These are the boxes they came from Dzohn.:smiling2:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
View attachment 431996
OOh, now that is name dropping!!

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Finished up the boats/trailers & put the engineers away before getting sucked in again. While finding room for them in storage I came across a Cannon Company section not quite finished. It was intended for the 1st iteration of the Dornot dio, but now that it has narrowed in scope there is no longer room for it. A passing thought for a quickee below. Section set up in the park across the street from city hall. Gardening, figs & ammo to be added.
100_2919.JPG
C&Cs encouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.