What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Oh yeah Tim............it's a real gem alright. ;) .....Thanks for dropping by Sir. Rick H.

dalej2014

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dale
Been a while since I posted progress on this Romanian Ford (G-8-T). All the detail work is done except the load bed tarp and placement of the windshield wipers. Paint will be next....the few pics. I have found on the net all seem to indicate they were painted in schwarzegrau.....difficult to tell with B/W photos but a fairly safe bet based on when they were captured. Rick H.View attachment 434481View attachment 434482
That's looking great! Very nice work. What are you going to use for tarp?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Dale, I use single ply tissue cut roughly to size and diluted Elmer's (PVA) to saturate it. Then I push it and prod it into place being careful not to tear the wet paper....when I'm satisfied with the shape I let it dry or use a hair dryer if I'm in a hurry and last, I set it with hairspray and paint it.
Thanks for the comments. Rick H.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Is that IG-88’s fantasy counterpart?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Is that IG-88’s fantasy counterpart?
Well I had to look him up, but yes, looks like he might have been the inspiration…..unless the Northstar sculpt was first of course :tongue-out3:

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I've not managed much bench time lately...so today decided to go back to basics and build a toon tiger. An hour in, and I had a mid model chrisis...and found myself building a full scratch interior for it! Definitely lost the plot. Much of the direction and inspiration comes from @Steve Jones' youtube channel, and of course Pete Low. Even went as far as to completely replace the top deck. WIP.
11D84FF0-9977-49A6-95E2-6A56433BFBE1.jpeg
DE55E8A4-C1F3-46F5-85B1-4072646905C9.jpeg
D8CF25CB-8607-4A88-B094-CE4B821BDCE2.jpeg
38C8E612-907C-4C16-8680-981C681DF233.jpeg
A2EB01DF-AB1E-49C4-87AE-2437949B3D21.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's looking great! Very nice work. What are you going to use for tarp?
Hi Dale

Years ago someone told me about tissue paper too. Doesn't need much all your need to do is keep the packaging from shoes or clothes a couple of times and you have a lifetimes worth...

ATB.

Andrew

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning/Afternoon/Evening

A mini update, weld seams done and they do look like a shoddy Friday afternoon whilst thinking about sneaking off the the New Year celebrations somewhere else?

RZIVvUt.jpg

8UKL1N7.jpg

and what will be just a dusty unchipped interior, only slightly visible at best, turret interior.

ZUKt1oK.jpg

There is a slight modulation but it isn't really clear in the photos.

I started with the Life Colour Panzer grey set but it has died as it is old, so I'll use its replacement the AK Panzer Grey set and see if I can get something like the modulation I got on the Pz IVD?

Hopefully more soon?

Regards

Steve H

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I've not managed much bench time lately...so today decided to go back to basics and build a toon tiger. An hour in, and I had a mid model chrisis...and found myself building a full scratch interior for it! Definitely lost the plot. Much of the direction and inspiration comes from @Steve Jones' youtube channel, and of course Pete Low. Even went as far as to completely replace the top deck. WIP.

Glad to see you have come over to the Darkside Jack. Wonderful scratch work my friend. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Status
Not open for further replies.