What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Now i must make research how really looks non slip under trim vane on front of vehicle.
Under the trim vane? Let me check my books …

Page 12 of Verlinden’s Warmachines Nº 5: M2/M3 Bradley has pictures of a Bradley’s glacis plate with the trim vane down in maintenance position, but the antislip areas are hard to see on it. There are a few more on page 26 that do give more clues, but they’re not detail photos. I can scan them for you if you want.

Squadron/Signal M2/M3 Bradley in action and Concord M2/M3 Bradley both have no useful pictures, and neither does Bradley by R.P. Hunnicutt.

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
I can scan them for you if you want.

[/QUOTE]

JEEEJ. THNX!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I mist have missed that one on my quick browse though the book to find useful pictures. I take it you won’t need the Verlinden photos anymore?

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
I mist have missed that one on my quick browse though the book to find useful pictures. I take it you won’t need the Verlinden photos anymore?
Thank You on time and work. I think i have all now, about anti slip areas. Maaybe, turret and horizontal decks of hull. On pictures that i have, there is no anti slip on them (A2 varriants).

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ll take a look tomorrow. I’m downstairs on the sofa at the moment, my books are upstairs :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well the big pig is done….
View attachment 437509
More shots on her own thread here..
Looking good Tim .

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
View attachment 437509
Nice going Tim, wow that's the real deal there ! Recently got the bug to maybe build the 7.5cm version

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
View attachment 437509
The pig looks good for an oldie, Tim.

Cheers,
Richard

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning/Afternoon/evening

The VK4502 (p) has finally got to minimal dust and modulation.

The tracks wouldn't go back on and took a good deal of persuasion

Oils and a light touch next as it is still in the workshop and has been cobbled together from bits at a fictitious early 1945.

hNYHxGp.jpg

c2mm1z2.jpg

More soon?

Regards

Steve H

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Morning/Afternoon/evening

The VK4502 (p) has finally got to minimal dust and modulation.

The tracks wouldn't go back on and took a good deal of persuasion

Oils and a light touch next as it is still in the workshop and has been cobbled together from bits at a fictitious early 1945.

View attachment 437588

View attachment 437589

More soon?

Regards

Steve H
Good looking beastie Steve. Looks like it would be quite effective in a defensive situation.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Thanks Tim

Too little too late and only really a drawing board item, but should weather up just enough to look like a dusty knocked together from all the bits left over in the work shop.

The oils palette ready for battle

11GPIb0.jpg

Regards

Steve H

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
anti slip areas. Maaybe, turret and horizontal decks of hull. On pictures that i have, there is no anti slip on them (A2 varriants).
From the photos in the Verlinden book, there doesn’t seem to be any antislip on the turret at all. It's not that easy to see in the photos, but the plates hatches etc. all appear to be smooth metal.

Also, there is a drawing in The Verlinden Way Volume V that shows where the antislip goes, and none is indicated on the turret there.

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
From the photos in the Verlinden book, there doesn’t seem to be any antislip on the turret at all. It's not that easy to see in the photos, but the plates hatches etc. all appear to be smooth metal.

Also, there is a drawing in The Verlinden Way Volume V that shows where the antislip goes, and none is indicated on the turret there.
Thank You Jakko! I appreciate your effort! Regards!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice going Tim, wow that's the real deal there ! Recently got the bug to maybe build the 7.5cm version
I think the 7.5 version was on the later chassis, like the Puma, Ron. It will look great though….they are bigger than you think. The Pig was about the size of a Panther……

Status
Not open for further replies.