What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Richard!!! Very well done. Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Andrew, It took only a day to do the mould and another day to cast. The thought process took longer. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, It took only a day to do the mould and another day to cast. The thought process took longer. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard
At least you can now produce a lot more if you need them!!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I think the 7.5 version was on the later chassis, like the Puma, Ron. It will look great though….they are bigger than you think. The Pig was about the size of a Panther……

Hi Tim,

They mounted the short barreled 7,5cm on the 231 chassis too. it was open topped without the turret. The later 234 series had 4 models and the 234/3 had the same gun. The Puma, 234/2 had the long barreled 5cm gun. The 234/1 had a 2cm w/coax MG 42 and the 234/4 had the 7,5cm long barrel PaK 40. The 234 series was powered by a 12 cylinder diesel motor and the 231 series had gasoline engines. All of them could be driven forwards or backwards with the second set of controls built in.

AFV Club also makes the 7,5cm version, but they are very expensive when you find one (I'm still on the look out).....................

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning/Afternoon/evening

The VK4502 (p) has finally got to minimal dust and modulation.

The tracks wouldn't go back on and took a good deal of persuasion

Oils and a light touch next as it is still in the workshop and has been cobbled together from bits at a fictitious early 1945.

View attachment 437588

View attachment 437589

More soon?

Regards

Steve H
Wow Steve, looks like you had some fun getting those tracks into order, well done it looks good. Yes please keep it comming.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim,

They mounted the short barreled 7,5cm on the 231 chassis too. it was open topped without the turret. The later 234 series had 4 models and the 234/3 had the same gun. The Puma, 234/2 had the long barreled 5cm gun. The 234/1 had a 2cm w/coax MG 42 and the 234/4 had the 7,5cm long barrel PaK 40. The 234 series was powered by a 12 cylinder diesel motor and the 231 series had gasoline engines. All of them could be driven forwards or backwards with the second set of controls built in.

AFV Club also makes the 7,5cm version, but they are very expensive when you find one (I'm still on the look out).....................

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen. I was thinking of the PaK 40 version, forgot about the close support version :loudly-crying:

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Decals printed. There is a problem. In book ''Bradley M2/M3 in action'' says that vehicle belongs to 3rd brigade of 2nd armored division. But, number 92 on rear ramp confusing. I assume that is more correctly 92nd engineering battalion, and vehicle, pure M2 (not newer) is there for defense, if some surprise hapend.

YoBSYt.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well the big pig is done….
View attachment 437509
More shots on her own thread here..
That`s looking absolutely superb Tim:cool:,I love it!!
I`ve always liked the look of these things,and i have a stalled build of one in my cupboard of culpability,(But in German Grey),
A truly iconic AFV IMHO,and,one clever beastie too!!;)
Nice one mate,a pleasure to look at!
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That`s looking absolutely superb Tim:cool:,I love it!!
I`ve always liked the look of these things,and i have a stalled build of one in my cupboard of culpability,(But in German Grey),
A truly iconic AFV IMHO,and,one clever beastie too!!;)
Nice one mate,a pleasure to look at!
Andy
Many thanks Steve. Very kind comments :flushed: You need to get yours finished as well…..would be good to see what someone else can do with it….

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi guys

I have put together my cardboard Razor from the Mandalorian. I must say it is extremely well engineered for a cardboard model. I would also like to meet the 8 year old who could assemble this because I would ask him to do my tax returns for me. Definitely needs some modelling skill, particularly where the curved bits are concerned. Also for my "You can never apply too much glue" school of modelling the tube the kit contains is definitely too small. First photo is the example "sprue" shot and the others show my finished effort, the Tet bottle is just to show size, apparently it is 1/64th.

razor 5.jpg

razor 4.jpg

razor 1.jpg

razor 3.jpg

razor 2.jpg

John

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks excellent to me John. I think 1/64 is a gaming scale , probably designed for 28mm figures…….if you want to make a “non franchise” crew for it have a look at the Stargrave figures from North Star figures…..lots of fun in a box…..

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I must say it is extremely well engineered for a cardboard model.

A superb build John. The world of paper modelling has come on leaps and bounds over the last few years. Here in the UK we need to do some catching up but in Europe it has a massive following. This is me with a paper bazooka. Very realistic

DSC04132 (2).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.