What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
This is finally coming off the bench.......was a fun little build and saved me a bunch of coin by not having to buy a trailer.

Have I missed something Rick? When did you do the front end mate??

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great to see the year starting off with a bang and some really good builds........Love the Mercedes Dan, fiddly, but gonna be nice when finished. Rick, with his trailer has also made a fine piece to go with the 6500 towing it. That Richard makes me go blind (and him too, probably) with the helicopters in micro scale and they look really good, but I'm starting to worry about Stevie here. Most excellent work on the snowplow my friend, but when was the last time it snowed in your neck of the woods to use it??? Just wondering...................

Prost
Allen

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I'm starting to worry about Stevie here. Most excellent work on the snowplow my friend, but when was the last time it snowed in your neck of the woods to use it??? Just wondering...................

Its currently 16 degrees over here at the moment. Snow comes out of a can here in Plymouth :smiling5: ;) :thumb2: :cool:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This is finally coming off the bench.......was a fun little build and saved me a bunch of coin by not having to buy a trailer.

Have I missed something Rick? When did you do the front end mate??
Hi Mr. Jones.........I did a build thread on the MB 6500....it's in the Completed Softskins, just before Christmas....if you would like to check it out. The trailer was an afterthought and not part of the build thread......I worked it under "what's on the bench",......only took a couple of hours to construct. Sorry for the confusion. Rick H.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Stil scratching away on this.
20220104_160655.jpg

Wires for the mast were fun. Especially as my CA glue is rather old and thick. And dont stick! Added a few grab rails and bits here and there. Drilled the exhausts and put a pipe in them.... The double cone thing hanging over the bridge is supposed to be wires, quite how that can be done has failed me..... 3 times.
I might get to throw some paint at it soon...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Latest ones off of the production line….

Hobbit skirmishers…
6DB5A831-98C2-4DBC-932F-2048EBC7D5DE.jpeg
411FEE77-29F5-4FF4-8712-87331540CC90.jpeg

An Orcs eye view….
232F2EE3-22EA-405A-B2E2-B84D9C10C286.jpeg

…and the obligatory calibration shot….
D474085D-A7FE-4BF2-9072-F37BFA40BF50.jpeg

These were ridiculously small, about 18mm, which is three quarters of Dwarf height, and they in turn are shorter than men….
There are only three poses in there, because they are metal figures. Any variety came from the paintbrush. I tried to vary hair, trousers, and jackets. Never had to do hairy feet before either…

Next up are some more lawn ornaments….then I’ll take a break for the Russky group build….

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Latest ones off of the production line….

Hobbit skirmishers…
View attachment 442072
View attachment 442073

An Orcs eye view….
View attachment 442074

…and the obligatory calibration shot….
View attachment 442075

These were ridiculously small, about 18mm, which is three quarters of Dwarf height, and they in turn are shorter than men….
There are only three poses in there, because they are metal figures. Any variety came from the paintbrush. I tried to vary hair, trousers, and jackets. Never had to do hairy feet before either…

Next up are some more lawn ornaments….then I’ll take a break for the Russky group build….
Great work as always Tim!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Those are really nice Tim.........you are almost down to 1/87 scale......just 3mm to go Sir :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3:;) Rick H.
Glad you like them Rick. I’ve painted plenty of 15mm figures in the past, by the way, but they are 1:100 scale. Your 1:87s should be about 20mm high ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim. Those are brill. I struggle with 120 mm figures.
So do I Ian. That was about the size of the big Viking I did earlier in the year. There is nowhere to hide when they’re that big LOL. Thanks for the compliment, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.