Not open for further replies.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Stil scratching away on this.
View attachment 441983

Wires for the mast were fun. Especially as my CA glue is rather old and thick. And dont stick! Added a few grab rails and bits here and there. Drilled the exhausts and put a pipe in them.... The double cone thing hanging over the bridge is supposed to be wires, quite how that can be done has failed me..... 3 times.
I might get to throw some paint at it soon...
Very nice I like it

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Latest ones off of the production line….

Hobbit skirmishers…
View attachment 442072
View attachment 442073

An Orcs eye view….
View attachment 442074

…and the obligatory calibration shot….
View attachment 442075

These were ridiculously small, about 18mm, which is three quarters of Dwarf height, and they in turn are shorter than men….
There are only three poses in there, because they are metal figures. Any variety came from the paintbrush. I tried to vary hair, trousers, and jackets. Never had to do hairy feet before either…

Next up are some more lawn ornaments….then I’ll take a break for the Russky group build….
Tim those look great very colorful

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
And for my buddy Dude 2 who hopes I finish something this year......I've already finished 2 kits so far,

View attachment 441866

So there!!!!!!!!......................

Prost
Allen
Wonders will never cease, very nice Dude1. I take it the larger one has two uses , one plate rack , and second some thing for keeping sprues in line .;):smiling3:

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Latest ones off of the production line….

Hobbit skirmishers…
View attachment 442072
View attachment 442073

An Orcs eye view….
View attachment 442074

…and the obligatory calibration shot….
View attachment 442075

These were ridiculously small, about 18mm, which is three quarters of Dwarf height, and they in turn are shorter than men….
There are only three poses in there, because they are metal figures. Any variety came from the paintbrush. I tried to vary hair, trousers, and jackets. Never had to do hairy feet before either…

Next up are some more lawn ornaments….then I’ll take a break for the Russky group build….
Wow there's a Bobby dazzler Tim.
Here at Race Towers Committee Room a round of applause was heard when this was shown .
2020DB.jpg

Congratulations, love the contrasting colours .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wow there's a Bobby dazzler Tim.
Here at Race Towers Committee Room a round of applause was heard when this was shown .
View attachment 442084

Congratulations, love the contrasting colours .
Well, many thanks John. Always nice to get a gong……and glad you like the colour choices….

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
After finishing my HMS Victory and with the interruptions of Christmas and New year and an Ikea upgrade to the hobby room I decided to tackle something straightforward. I chose the Airfix 1/72 Focke-Wulf Fw190A-8. Not worth a full blog.
P1060837.JPG

I want to show it in flight so needed the pilot. He'll do once in the cockpit :thinking:
P1060843.JPG

I hate masking!!
P1060866.JPG

P1060867.JPG

P1060869.JPG

P1060870.JPG

Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all
After finishing my HMS Victory and with the interruptions of Christmas and New year and an Ikea upgrade to the hobby room I decided to tackle something straightforward. I chose the Airfix 1/72 Focke-Wulf Fw190A-8. Not worth a full blog.
View attachment 442095

I want to show it in flight so needed the pilot. He'll do once in the cockpit :thinking:
View attachment 442096

I hate masking!!
View attachment 442097

View attachment 442098

View attachment 442099

View attachment 442100

Jim
Lovely jubbly!! I have a very slightly different version of this in the stash....

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard those look great
Thanks Lee,

I had some left over putty and decided to plug the depression made by bad fitting on the Constipation gangways and stippled some wood grain. I will paint in the green flush against the yellow post. I repeated for the opposite side of the ship as well.

20220106_185511.jpg
Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
Those little Hobbits are incredible. I honestly don't know how you cope with such small figures.
Jim
Many thanks Jim, you’ve made me blush again…..in all honesty, once you learn the techniques they really aren’t that hard.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi all
View attachment 442095

View attachment 442096

I hate masking!!
View attachment 442097

View attachment 442098

View attachment 442099

View attachment 442100

Jim
Looks really good Jim waiting to see the end results

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Tim, those munchkins are superb. You've put stripes on their trousers - now that's just showing off!

Here's my latest effort, a unit of Cave Dweller Savages. I'm pleased with them, and hope you folks like them. But they do rather highlight Tim's impressive freehand painting skills. I've put some warpaint on my savages (it's 'accurate' to give them a bit of woad, or I'd have left them in their ripplingly-muscled glory). It's meant to be a bit slap-dash and organic, but in places it's really not as neat as I'd like it. But just compare it to Tim's trousers (:dizzy:) - those stripes are so sharp and regular! Hats off to you, Tim!
20220106_150446.jpg20220106_150829.jpg
And for scale -
20220106_151041.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Love them Paul, they really look the part. The warpaint really adds to the effect as well. You don’t want that too regular anyway, it would have been done by fingers, not by brushes…..skin tone is nice, not too Caucasian, befitting for wild men like those.
As to mine, glad you like them. The stripes really aren’t that hard. Properly thinned paint with a good sharp brush is all it takesm along with a bit of planning and taking your time. I’ve done them several times before which helps….and also done plaid patterns on 28mm Gauls for a mate of mine. The hardest were on a thirty man unit of 15mm American civil war Tiger Zouaves, those stripes were pretty small…….no longer have the pictures on my I pad unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.