What's on the bench 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
After the P70 I was planning to build some wheeled or tracked thing... and in fact... :rolling:

View attachment 457717
View attachment 457718View attachment 457719:nerd:
I gave in to the temptation of the fair amount of P.E. lurking from that box: Eduard 1:72 Spitfire Mk IX ProfiPack edition. The kit has amazing details both in plastic and in P.E. The fit is very good (the putty you see is mainly due to my mistakes) and the drops on the wings are the remains of a water washing after sanding. It's going to be the 601 Sqd. silvery UF-Q from Fano 1944.
I don't know if I'll repeat the experience of so many PE details at that scale; anyway, it's fun, up to now, and not too many bad words, at least less than the mistakes I made due to the huge quantity of details at such a small scale and poor skills with P.E.
If I had to buy another ProfiPack Editon, it will be a 1:48 kit to save my eyes health and alignment. :tongue-out2:

Andrea
Geez Andy, 1/72 photoetch eh.... and to think how the 1/35th stuff can drive me koo-koo :tongue-out2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just plain outstanding Jack........you are definitely putting this one to bed!! Will be a "winner" when done. :thumb2: :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Love that tarp, looks real with those folds Jack. Nothing worse than a night mare tenant, glad your back in the sauna loft .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mark, I couldn't help noticing the subtle difference between the tires and their tread faces and sidewalls......very natural looking. how did you achieve that?

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark, I couldn't help noticing the subtle difference between the tires and their tread faces and sidewalls......very natural looking. how did you achieve that?
I'm glad you noticed Rick :smiling3: it was primarily to removed the mould seam that run around the middle of the tyre but does give a bit of a worn look, I just gave them a vigorous rub with an 80grit sanding stick until I could smell burning rubber lol.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well as Rick says they look very natural, love that winch, those handles must have been fun Mark ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh that's easy Mark, maybe just let Commander Race do that for you while he's still sitting on the Naughty step ?
Why my friend am I on the naughty step yet again :smiling3:?

Status
Not open for further replies.