Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hmm what to do while the paint cures...
20221129_111800.jpg

20221129_111812.jpg
'spose I could start by removing the bit of masking tape I missed...then respray the bits I missed or could I say misted in this particular connection.... lol.
Bit of decal work next then some weathering...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks good Ian. Weathering will start tying the finish together nicely.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
View attachment 468089

View attachment 468090
'spose I could start by removing the bit of masking tape I missed...then respray the bits I missed or could I say misted in this particular connection.... lol.
That is very nice Mr. Muddle! One of the cleanest camo jobs I have seen. Looking forward to the stickers and mud. ;)

Reactions: JR

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
View attachment 468089

View attachment 468090
That looks great Ian, just one question though,are the rear tyre treads supposed to face the opposite direction to the front ones? :thinking:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks great Ian, just one question though,are the rear tyre treads supposed to face the opposite direction to the front ones?
No lol. I have apparently swapped the rear wheels around. Chevron treads (aka tractor tyres) should point down in the direction of travel. Good that they are not glued.
Well spotted thank you.
Looks like this one to me……apart from the extra axle.
Nope they are block treaded 'road tyres' . nice tanker though!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Picked these three Opels up some years back.....the previous owner had done a very amatureish job of painting them but they were complete and in good shape. I used a product called Wash Away (have used it for Many years) and stripped them back to bare plastic. I'm presently waiting for the paint to dry on my Jeep and Fuel truck/trailer so I can decal them and get on with my Tuskegee Dio. So these guys will get the "detail" treatment and fresh paint and the necessary decals when the paint is dry. P1012478.JPG

Last edited:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Do you have windshields or cab glazing for these? I don't see tow hooks or tailgates either. I'll do a stash search if you like

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not to worry I have all that is required. Thanks a Ton for the offer to help out. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gents......still thinking about doing tissue paper tarps on these. Might add a little more interest.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Gents......still thinking about doing tissue paper tarps on these. Might add a little more interest.
I've only ever done it as tarps covering stowage but it does look very effective in whatever way I've seen it done.

ATB.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've done a few Andrew.....with varying degrees of success, we'll see what I can stir up this time. ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've done a few Andrew.....with varying degrees of success, we'll see what I can stir up this time. ;)
Very neat looking trucks Rick, esp like the detail of the shovels and those sight markers on the wings .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks John, the shovels and picks were a pita to get the mounting brackets on (wine bottle foil). After that things got a lot easier. :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Not so much of an update as to what's on the bench, as an update to the bench.

As most of you know my workspace is my kitchen table, which doubles as my work/assembly bench and spray bench. I also don't have any room left to store the stash. I have therefore been looking at updating my equipment and tools.

The most recent acquisition is the light I got for my birthday (here). It means I can get rid of the ugly laptop stand I have been putting my Ikea lamps on. As well as a general working light it doubles quite nicely as a spray booth light!

Thanks to @Bobthestug for the information on his light, which I noticed following his working area upgrade.

ATB.

Andrew

From this...

To this......

Lighting from over the front.....

Lighting from through the roof.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.