What's on the Bench 2024

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
A new thread for the New Year, post your builds, show what you're working on.
If one of those kind gentlemen, the moderators could lock the 2023 thread please.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
IMG_0488.jpeg

The driver for my Simca is slowly being painted. However, I made a bit of a mistake with the colours, as her jacket came out about the same colour as her skirt, so she now looks like she’s a WAAF or something, when the intent was obviously civilian. I’ll have to repaint one of the two, but not sure yet which colour to use. (She’s still loose, just posed in the car for the picture, so it’s not a problem to paint part of the figure again.)

Last edited:

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is supposed to be an old abandoned Belltower. The church window is FOG and the door is RT Diorama.Those rows that are afoul will be hopefully hidden with stucco.... this might even get a damaged roof since Mr. Race was so kind to show how...

Attachments

• 289226.jpeg
    289226.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 289141.jpeg
    289141.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 289168.jpeg
    289168.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 10

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
View attachment 499106

The driver for my Simca is slowly being painted. However, I made a bit of a mistake with the colours, as her jacket came out about the same colour as her skirt, so she now looks like she’s a WAAF or something, when the intent was obviously civilian. I’ll have to repaint one of the two, but not sure yet which colour to use. (She’s still loose, just posed in the car for the picture, so it’s not a problem to paint part of the figure again.)
Is that lady the one everyone here refers to as "Matron" ?

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
No, Matron has snakes for hair etc - just think of your worst hangover, whose bed you are in and what on earth is that you are laying next to and did you??? Then that is 'The Matron'.....
I've known one or two Nora's - you've all met one - you wake up entwined but would rather gnaw your arm off than wake her for breakfast ... :cool:
Steve

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
After receiving various goodies from the shop I have started to tart up the Revell 1/144 Saturn V.

Firstly the 5 main engine bells and base plate are bereft of any details. Each exhaust has taken 2 hours to remedy the seams and interior which were awful with card, sprue glue, filler and primer/filler this is what is left to work with
1000016797.jpg1000016798.jpg
After looking on line and other builds I have added clamps and pipes which, although not 100% accurate, add a bit of interest. Took 4 hours and another 4 to tackle.
1000016799.jpg1000016800.jpg1000016801.jpg1000016802.jpg
Thoughts and comments appreciated.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,as you may well know, I've been tinkering with an old 1/48 Jaguar behind the scenes.
This evening,I masked up the canopy and set it on the stand, ready for priming. :smiling3:
...then,when I put it on the bench,in line with my other on going builds,(a Bf 109,and a WW1 Albatross),it dawned on me how these builds represent all 3 of my favourite eras... Completely unintentional.. it just happened!! :rolling:....
IMG20240108185442.jpg

Last edited:

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well
I've known one or two Nora's - you've all met one - you wake up entwined but would rather gnaw your arm off than wake her for breakfast ... :cool:
Steve
Well Steve.... I also remember (-shudder-) one or two along the way who were IMO such "hotties"that I wondered how I could ever be so lucky ! THANK YOU, GOD !!
Turned out that apparently God had an axe to grind with me and bestowed this "good fortune" unto me as a cruel punishment for one transgression or another. They were so vain, judgy and high-maintenance, in short order I learned the meaning behind "beauty being only skin-deep". I'd be happier with a 'plain Jane' any day lol !

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Well,as you may well know, I've been tinkering with an old 1/48 Jaguar behind the scenes.
This evening,I masked up the canopy and set it on the stand, ready for priming. :smiling3:
...then,when I put it on the bench,in line with my other on going builds,(a Bf 109,and a WW1 Albatross),it dawned on me how these builds represent all 3 of my favourite eras... Completely unintentional.. it just happened!! :rolling: that poor ol' Albatros is falling behind Pal. Lol....
View attachment 499400
Andy,