What's on the Bench 2024

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
20240121_152951.jpg
20240121_153022.jpg
Probably in the wrong place but hey ho got one of these more out of curiosity than it being my thing ,the miniart press releases cad shots were very impressive even down to the manufacturers logo on the road wheels not that I doubted them but in 72nd?. Havent opened the bags yet but from what I've seen they've managed it the rest looks the dogs will do better when I get the chance but I've a feeling this is going to set a new standard along with vespid the rest are going to have to step up to the mark. Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
View attachment 500188
View attachment 500189
Probably in the wrong place but hey ho got one of these more out of curiosity than it being my thing ,the miniart press releases cad shots were very impressive even down to the manufacturers logo on the road wheels not that I doubted them but in 72nd?. Havent opened the bags yet but from what I've seen they've managed it the rest looks the dogs will do better when I get the chance but I've a feeling this is going to set a new standard along with vespid the rest are going to have to step up to the mark. Dave

Just ordered mine! :smiling4:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I've a feeling this is going to set a new standard along with vespid the rest are going to have to step up to the mark.
If this is up to the same standard as MiniArt’s 1:35 scale kits, it should be rather good. Somewhat tricky to build with a ton of parts as well, of course :smiling3:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
If this is up to the same standard as MiniArt’s 1:35 scale kits, it should be rather good. Somewhat tricky to build with a ton of parts as well, of course :smiling3:
Jakko this is 1/35th in a small box I will try and put some sprue shots ASAP ,as a tight arsed 72nd builder it wasn't cheap but if this sets the standard of whats to come then look out .......I know I preach this but small bits are no smaller than the small parts in 35th just lots more of them. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just ordered mine! :smiling4:
SORRY some of the pics are a bit.....tried close up but seems beyond my capabilities
20240122_185022.jpg
20240122_185105.jpg
20240122_185129.jpg
The photo etch comes in this nice little MiniArt card envelope and the transparent parts individually wrapped (transparencies 1/72) plus some instruction pics
20240122_185312.jpg
20240122_185336.jpg
20240122_185355.jpg
Sorry all a bit rushed. Dave
Missed this one
20240122_185234.jpg
:tongue-out:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
At least you get link and length tracks rather than separate links that build from multiple parts each :smiling3:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
At least you get link and length tracks rather than separate links that build from multiple parts each :smiling3:
Strangely I'm ok with both L+L and Indies they are what they are i suppose it is what it is ,its in the box so you have to crack on seems some of the guys talk themselves out of the job before they've started even in 35th . Not hate but dislikes are rubber band tracks that have been in the box for double figures years wise but they are all there is so nothing that can't be overcome ,not paying more for replacement tracks than I've paid for the kit. Not here but thats always a argument for another day ;):smiling5: Dave

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just about to weather this little retro kit. It’s a 1998 Bf109G-10. I made a lot of mistakes (I knocked off the df loop again) but tried lots of different things. I bodged up the canopy but will be better for next kit which is (thankfully) a 48 scale. I also wanted to get a painted figure under my belt - and what could be more easier than a soft plastic figure at 1/72?!

It is a nice little kit - much better than the box would suggest. The decals still worked fine and the kit itself is quite fine. Some of you know the story - I’ve had this kit half built for about 5 years or more so it’s really nice to get close to finish a build and break that ice!
Its has been rather fun :cool:

IMG_3995.jpeg

IMG_3994.jpeg

IMG_3996.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3987.jpeg
    IMG_3987.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Strangely I'm ok with both L+L and Indies they are what they are i suppose it is what it is ,its in the box so you have to crack on seems some of the guys talk themselves out of the job before they've started even in 35th .
I much prefer workable single-link tracks in 1:35 scale :smiling3: Provided the fit is OK and the number of parts is reasonable, that is — I don’t want to be separating and cleaning up eight parts per link when it could also have been moulded as three. The reason I mentioned it is that I had almost expected MiniArt to include single links with the 1:72 StuG, which I would think a bit overkill.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Another base for photographing models on:

IMG_0582.jpeg

This is one of the vacuum-formed dioramas by Heller, that I just glued to a piece of MDF (25 by 36 cm), and am now painting a colour called “butter pecan” with craft paint from FolkArt. I first sprayed a grey primer from an aerosol over it yesterday, because when I tried applying the paint directly on the bare, white plastic, that colour came through far too much, as the paint doesn’t “grip” well. Adding a coat of primer helped a lot, though I’ll probably still need to go over it in a few places to cover the primer better.

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Until the next GB i have a pile of parts from a rather large RC Scania!
Just ripped it down and going to re-route the wireing. There were just to many wires in to small a space!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Alongside the Revell Raiden ive been doing a couple of bf109s , a Tamiya e-7trop and an AZ f-2 . I didnt bother with build logs as there wasnt much to see , and its not like we havent seen a 109 built before ! That said - I’m thinking of doing a side by side build comparison with the Tamiya and Airfix 109E s just to compare the different approaches to the kits . IMG_3635.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
This is what I managed to make at the show yesterday and today:

IMG_0783.JPG

Not that I spent the majority of my time working on this, but look at the amount of putty I had to use on these parts … It probably took about the same amount of time filling, filing and sanding, as it took to clean up the parts and glue them together.