WW1 B-Type Bus Pigeon loft. RODEN1/72

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well with the little T-60 out of the way took a long look at the stash. Idont think I'm a lazy modeler more of a cant be bothered with all that kind of modeler ,ive a fair few interesting soft skins in the stash but its all that cab work before you can crack on ,same with wingy things cockpit capers first ,half of em you have to source some harnesses, glass masks is it any wonder they get put back in the stash same with soft skins but have decided to give this a go ,can't see it being a rush job and if a break is needed iv got the bumerang up and primed.
20230205_151551.jpg
20230205_145836.jpg
20230205_145623.jpg
All looks clean and crisp having to cut out your own glazing is not unusual on 72nd stuff from the Ukraine so no big shakes there's a pattern for the gauze on the instructions.
20230205_151525.jpg
Unfortunately Baldrick isn't included in the box ill be back when there's something to show. Dave

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have a feeling this will be a fly-away success! Unusual subject, will it have Mini-art piqeons?
Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looks good Dave! Roden do make some nice kits and real detailed too. I'm in, even if it is too small for my old peepers to build...

Prost
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'll sit next to Paul, brought my Hobnobs as well .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Like this already.
Nice…….love the baldrick on the box…..bring it on :thumb2:
Looking forward to this. Unusual subject.
Dave,
Will pull a chair up for this.
Looks good Dave! Roden do make some nice kits and real detailed too. I'm in, even if it is too small for my old peepers to build...

Prost
Allen
Morning guys should have looked harder at the stash ,this is complete pig more flash than a bloke in a mac and even a piece missing(it had four spru gates )cut one of the big transparencies only to find they've got their measurements wrong looking forwards to the next thing ,still as I've argued on here before when people slag off kit and manufacturers no such thing as a bad one some aren't as good as the others , this has made me feel quite spiteful so digging ny heels in for the long run. Dave

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Morning guys should have looked harder at the stash ,this is complete pig more flash than a bloke in a mac and even a piece missing(it had four spru gates )cut one of the big transparencies only to find they've got their measurements wrong looking forwards to the next thing ,still as I've argued on here before when people slag off kit and manufacturers no such thing as a bad one some aren't as good as the others , this has made me feel quite spiteful so digging ny heels in for the long run. Dave
Looking forward to seeing you whip this into shape, Dave.
You've got this, bro!

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Afternoon all ,still digging in finding little and often is best way to go ,plastic is a bit like hard soap there's a fairbit of flash most of the smaller pieces I've cleaned up on the sprue you can see from the pic of the horn
20230211_151251.jpg
The sprue gates are massive
20230211_151314.jpg
I've bashed on a fair bit havent bothered with the glazing for the mo as most won't be seen so I'll work it in with the paint job
20230211_151445.jpg
20230211_151455.jpg
And yes there are pigeons
20230211_151429.jpg
Building the loft(pidgeon) extension as far as possible next then I'll have to start some primer then paint on the parts that need closing up what a cafuffle give me a hatch down tracky thing any day still ive started and will finish if I get through this who knows a wingy thing next. Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dave,
That is cleaning up really nicely and turning into a cracking build.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave,
That is cleaning up really nicely and turning into a cracking build.
Thanks Paul its OK some confusion with the numbered parts as there used on the basic bill bus I think the bloke who sorted the instructions got well confused . Fit of parts is ok just needs a little bit more work thats all. Dave

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Those pigeon are going to be a bugger to paint.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Dave, you are making some great progress there. I'm surprised on how much flash that kit has. I built their Vomag w/88mm AA gun and that kit had hardly any flash at all. Yea, the sprue gates were a bit large, but the parts cleaned up easily. Have fun with the pigeons when the time comes, as I wouldn't know how to paint them, even on the sprue!!!...

Prost
Allen

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Wow Dave, you are making some great progress there. I'm surprised on how much flash that kit has. I built their Vomag w/88mm AA gun and that kit had hardly any flash at all. Yea, the sprue gates were a bit large, but the parts cleaned up easily. Have fun with the pigeons when the time comes, as I wouldn't know how to paint them, even on the sprue!!!...

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen I remember the vomag build was it in a groupe build ,its not a bad little kit just want a bit of tlc its when you stop enjoying that the problems start. Dave

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yes Dave, it was for a GB and became a shelf queen. It was my first foray into 1/72 in over 40 years. It looks like you are giving this one a lot of TLC. Should be really interesting and nice when you get her done. Just have fun my friend......

Prost
Allen