WW1 B-Type Bus Pigeon loft. RODEN1/72

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just caught up with this. What a great little kit and what a fabulous result. The camo looks fabulous and the result really does look like a bigger scale.
Great stuff David

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking very nice Dave.

Nick
Looks good Dave. Nice job.

Youve made some good progress with this Dave.
I really like that - and the cam is excellent!
Steve
Looking great david , only got 100x 1/72 scale pigeons to paint up now and its done :smiling5: , cheers tony
Thanks guys still a long way to go but at least its got to the point of weathering continuity ,as for pigeons not sure same goes for 1/72 bird s**t.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Just caught up with this. What a great little kit and what a fabulous result. The camo looks fabulous and the result really does look like a bigger scale.
Great stuff David
Thanks Paul as above I'm getting there its turning into one of thoes the quicker the better jobs. Dave

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dave what a nice model this is turning out to be great work on this one.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well Dave, I gave the likes looking at the pics on the phone, but now I see it on the PC it's quite something!
Fantastic job-bring on Speckled Jim!
Thanks Neil everyone keeps hinting at the pidgeons I think in the end its going to be rude not to have at least a couple on there somewhere. Dave

First Name
Andy
For all it's troubles that has turned out to be a great looking model Dave, you guys that build microscopic things (technical term) never cease to amaze me, I have built one but the other one under the bench will have to go as I have decided I am not a fan of 1/72.

Andy.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Excellent build, Dave. The bus is looking great. Bring on the flying rats. :smiling:
John.

Rats with feathers, indeed!! :thumb2: :thumb2:

Guys, you got mixed up...
Pigeons ain't "Flying Rats"...
...That's Seagulls ;)

Dave, missed your rapid progress until now... it's looking most excellent mate,good stuff. :smiling3:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well I'm calling it done ,as I keep saying no such thing as a bad kit just some aren't as good as others, I think the only thing learnt from this one was patience , fit of parts was very good there were a few of the flat no detail on one side parts but they came as no surprise ,looking at the shots I dont feel the mesh is really to scale probably some net curtain would have been better but we don't have nets nor any old ones anywhere so thats that. All in all not a bad little kit if your prepared to invest some time and effort ,if you fancy one apart from scratching one this is your only choice so fair play to Roden for giving us it ,I dont see the big 35th hitters fighting over each other to bring the choice out there , oh I forgot their still pushing the pzkw's a-z's ,smiley face . Thank you all for your help and encouragement it does make a difference.
20230304_113932.jpg
I'll post up the rest of the pic's in the finished soft skin bits then I'm off to find the next one ,once again many thanks for your kind comments and help. Dave

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Top finish Dave!!! This came out really good and love the camo. I tip my hat to you for doing the pigeons too as they look great Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice Dave, I'm off to see the rest of the pics. :thumb2: