WW1 B-Type Bus Pigeon loft. RODEN1/72

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seeing those shots of the sprues and then what you've achieved , well done mate .
You'll soon have it in shape , if you can build an ACE Kit then this should be better .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Seeing those shots of the sprues and then what you've achieved , well done mate .
You'll soon have it in shape , if you can build an ACE Kit then this should be better .
Thanks John ,now come on you know my thoughts on this , there's no such thing as a bad kit just some aren't as good as others ,as you know I dont mind a little bit of fettleing as our late friend would have said to achieve the end goal they are what they are good little kits just not as good as some of the others out there.
As for our friends at Ace my self I wouldn't even put them in the top five of unfriendly plastic. Its all down to personal choice Bovril ,marmite its what makes this hobby and especially this site. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hey ho week ago to day went to dentist ,had a crown fall out (pin and all not bad though must have been in there for at least forty years )so any way cut a long one short thought I was popping in just to get it cemented back in place what was it Kyle sang i should be so lucky ,ended up having to have bone removed from upper jaw the crown next to the one that fell out removed this was fixed to the original tooth not a steel pin like the other one , that all snapped leaving the root in wich it seems wasn't to happy to be evicted but apparently when all healed will be good to have a bridge fitted bloody bridge to far if you ask me still a week on and its not to bad now. Have got up and down from the bench(dining room table) it serving as a distraction from the discomfort recon ive pushed it as far as possible now without paint so shall clear the bench and set up for some airbrush work ,any glazing can go in at the final throws as I bolt it together I dont honestly think much of the interior will be visible but I'll make the effort. I have on my last few builds started to fix a lot of the small pieces with CA not easier by any stretch but much stronger especially if the plastic is that soft stuff touching the part with extra thin(anybodies) you can almost watch small pieces melt away ,anyway heres where were at
20230216_185541.jpg
That bloody mesh stuff just falls apart liquid cement won't even touch it ive had to fix it all with CA
20230216_185416.jpg
Talk about a pain in the gums do your best to cut it over size fix it with the CA then trim it off carefully strand by strand.
And to finish of a couple of shots of it just mocked up
20230216_185311.jpg
20230216_185330.jpg
Other half off to visit her mum next week so should find some time to crack on with the paint ,im off now before bed to swill my mouth round with some bourbon strictly medicinal you understand. Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Great work, especially with mesh as tricky as that … why model manufacturers supply mesh that’s just woven together, I don’t know …

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great work, especially with mesh as tricky as that … why model manufacturers supply mesh that’s just woven together, I don’t know …
Honest Jakko talk about make it hard work plus having to battle against them only giving you enough for the model its pushed my patience to the limit ,the rest of the kit has been good no more problems than I already expected ,sticking to my mantra of there's no such thing as a bad kit some just aren't as good as others. This is one of them but a little bit of TLC its coming on nicely. Dave

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The good thing is that replacement mesh would not be all that hard to find, if you found you had cut up too much of it. Tamiya’s old 1:35 scale kits tended to give you plenty, for example — but, of course, that depends on having some of it in the first place.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
God the visit to the dentist sounds painful Dave :surprised::sad:
Build looking good .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
God the visit to the dentist sounds painful Dave :surprised::sad:
Build looking good .
Thanks John not painfull but still bloody uncomfortable never mind they want to leave it for a month to heal so shouldn't expect to much ,looking forward to throwing some paint about must crack on trying this year to go with you've started it now finish it. Also if its not in the stash you can't have it if its in the stash you must have fancied it at some point so build it. Only trouble being and this is a worry I think the armour stuff only just out numbers the wingy things!!!! Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Well house to myself for the week so got up showered used my mr hobby snips to cut my toe nails and did egg bacon beans and fried bread for breakfast, slobed out watched some cricket played some doom on the ps4 then made my self clear the table for action, takes longer to gear up and clean the airbrush than it does to lay the primer down , might get some more done this afternoon but you know how it is.......
20230219_111857.jpg
20230219_111902.jpg
20230219_112034.jpg
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking fantastic david , really love this . Hope the dental traumas are all getting better now , sounds like you had a tough time , cheers tony

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's smart Dave .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry guys have cracked on forgot the mid term report ,it all bolted together without any hisse fitting ,awkward but not too bad. If you've read my mr slobby piece your know the probs I had whilst spraying it up ,hoping I've solved that were see on the next one. Its one of thoes you spend more time sticking back the pieces you knock off than you do painting it. The decals were atrocious hence one side hasent got a company/ vehicle number on one side of the engine cover ,whats it called carrier film made them twice the size.
So this update is very much WIP ,trying to keep it rolling as becoming bored with it now much more interested in what to do next ,any way prog pics.
20230226_075308.jpg
20230226_075223.jpg
20230226_075111.jpg
20230226_075007.jpg
20230226_074951.jpg
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great david , only got 100x 1/72 scale pigeons to paint up now and its done :smiling5: , cheers tony