Zvezda 1/35 T-28 Medium Tank

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for the comments guys and it's good to have you here. No need to worry about the trolley John, I didn't expect it to last long. Maybe a tracked version would be more suitable.

I'll have a hunt around for some biscuits but if we are lucky enough my wife might bake a slab of her infamous triple choc brownies for us all.

The only build of this that I've managed to find online has followed the mistake in the instructions and whilst he doesn't mention it, I can see from the pictures that he's had to leave other parts off because of it.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, I have the ICM T-28 same as Dave's and am not looking forward to the individual track links. It's been in the box for more than 10 years. It is an intersting subject and perhaps your build might up my mojo to work on it.

The camo will definitely suite you with your airbrush skills looking at your past camo on the Hind. I've brought along some traditional pulled tea (teh tarik) from back home if you don't mind. The flask should hold a few cups of the frothy and sweet mixture if you guys would like some. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

That tea sounds like my kind of brew Richard, I may just sample some.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That reminds me of I hospital where I did some work a few decades ago. They had one of those 5 gallon electric tea urns, that was never switched off. Every morning the foreman would top up the water and add a packet of loose tea and a can of condensed milk.
I bought a jar of Nescafe.
Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Andy,

You're gonna be fine and master this big mother. Whatever paint scheme you decide on, it will be a cracker too!!! I'll sit behind the tea drinkers and enjoy your work. Where I come from we are fond of something a bit stronger and at my work, we have our own beer,
I work for Quadix and It's a .25 liter bottle which is a nice thirst quencher at lunch (unless I have to make a delivery). It does beat the heck out of tea and I like tea with milk! I can't wait to see how you work your magic on this one Scratchy……….

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I hear ya brother, I hear ya!!! BTW, I love your paper towel holders. I don't know of too many kits that have those included…...Have a great weekend and I hope you don't have to work too much……...

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That reminds me of I hospital where I did some work a few decades ago. They had one of those 5 gallon electric tea urns, that was never switched off. Every morning the foreman would top up the water and add a packet of loose tea and a can of condensed milk.
I bought a jar of Nescafe.
Pete
I'm not surprised at reading that Pete.:surprised:
Sorry Andy .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy.
Take no notice of these camo freaks, and as for Dude 1 , he'll be taking orders for the beer next. He was such a clean living lad , and church going as well when he was younger .:cool::cool::cool::cool: but time has taken it's course !

Great idea on the tracked version, I'll check if Fruil do a version.

Slab of cake would be nice , thank your good lady .

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Andy,
Another watcher here, I really like the look of this tank, really interesting design.

I’m sorry Mr Race but I’ll have to back up Mr Jones on the camo scheme :nerd: I think it looks fab and I just know Andy could do it:cool:

Good start Andy:thumb2:
Mr Benson , I shall be having words with the good lady re the post girls tight trousers !

D

Deleted member 7181

I do keep looking at various camo schemes for these so may end up getting tempted to the dark side John.

I was going to wait until I'd got my hands on a new airbrush before doing another complicated scheme but I guess working with what I have is part of the fun.

As I said earlier though, I'm likely to change my mind several times!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I do keep looking at various camo schemes for these so may end up getting tempted to the dark side John.

I was going to wait until I'd got my hands on a new airbrush before doing another complicated scheme but I guess working with what I have is part of the fun.

As I said earlier though, I'm likely to change my mind several times!
Know what you mean, most of my Russian stuff has been done in 4 B0, but in this one now I'm going to do an actual camo.
Will you use Panzer Putty to mask, that's the self leveling stuff that absorbs the paint and can be over painted when doing camo schemes, or just go freehand. Personally I can't see you having any problem with your skills from work re the masking up or the paintwork .

D

Deleted member 7181

I have been looking at that putty, a posh version of blu tack worms I guess, but haven't bought any yet. I'll probably go freehand as I like the softer look, even if it might not be realistic.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Completely missed this one Andy. Had a very enjoyable read through and its a wonderful subject to build. I see things are going well. I wish you all the best for the rest of the build.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve. I've booked this afternoon off work since its a bit quiet here so may get a bit more done later.

D

Deleted member 7181

I'm not normally bothered about watching sport to be honest, my wife does enough for the pair of us!

Mind you she has been watching the netball avidly and I have to say that drew my interest somewhat :tongue-out:

D

Deleted member 7181

And in a flash, all that hard work scraping, sanding, adjusting & gluing around 80 parts is hidden forever :smiling5:

qyf9R6z.jpg

I double, triple, quadruple checked that the roadwheels still go on with these covers in place, and they do, just!