Zvezda 1/35 T-34/85 & others.................

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Maybe that’s why they’ve moulded them shut, because they didn’t feel like including the transmission?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
At least there’s that — plenty of kits don’t even give you hatches with detail on both sides :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hull sprayed with basecoat - The AK3 Russian Green sprays well, diluted about 50/50 with tap water...............
DSCF0963.JPG

Started on the figures - standing figure is the tank commander ( Zvezda ) the other four are the ICM figures. These were part of a T-34/76 boxing. The /85 turret is larger, and I may have difficulty in fitting all four, so one may be consigned to the reserve bench
DSCF0964.JPG
The only clean up done so far is the joint faces - the moulding seams will be cleaned up next - I find it easier when I have something larger to hold onto.......
Dave

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dave. Nice progress Enjoying the build

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Moving on well.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Turret finished, primed & basecoated - I've left off the vision prisms in the commanders cupola - when I fit the figure, they won't be seen .
DSCF0967.JPG
Figures assembled sans heads & headgear, 4 primed Russian Uniform Khaki, the tanky black.................
DSCF0966.JPG
Next up a bit of detail painting on these figures - I'll have to break out the tiny brushes & magnifier.
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

That is looking very good.

Although I'm normally a 1/72 man I've had a look on Amazon and I can pick one up for £19. On the one hand I'm very tempted but on the other hand I know the reaction I might get.........

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

• Sad

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave

That is looking very good.

Although I'm normally a 1/72 man I've had a look on Amazon and I can pick one up for £19. On the one hand I'm very tempted but on the other hand I know the reaction I might get.........

Keep up the good work.

Andrew
Andrew,
go on, you only live once....................
Dave

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew,
go on, you only live once....................
Dave
True but I know what my mum has bought me for my big birthday in December.

That said I'm still perplexed as to how she knew which website to go to and what my password was.

It was also interesting to see that she worked out how to apply my reward points on the site and even change the delivery address to hers!!??!!??

All in all very odd and sounds like a mystery for one of Agatha Christie's supersleuths.....

ATB

Andrew

Last edited:
  • Wow

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Life is not complete until you build a T34 Andrew.:nerd:
See the reply I've just posted and you might see why I'm a bit cautious about getting yet another model in the house.....

• Haha

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I knew I had an AM decal sheet, but couldn't put my hand on it.................... I moved a shhet of emery paper & found it! Microscale 1/35 13-7 Soviet Armor Markings
microscale 13-7.jpg
Not sure about the Soviet Navy flags, or the parade stars, but I'm sure that one of the patriotic slogans will be used ( luckily there is a translation of them! )
Dave

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice find Dave. Looks like there's more than for several more T34s.

ATB

ANDREW

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andrew,
oddly enough, I have a ICM late T-34/76, and a AFV Club early T-34/76 in the stash, but at the moment only one set of tracks ( ignoring the nasty vinyl bits supplied ). I am in the process of getting some new ones, but they seem to be coming from Siberia by mule-cart!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
After a really lazy weekend, I've added the details & decals to the T-34 ( Death To Fascism)- this is now pristine, so now, I'm going to start the process of dirtying it up.............................
DSCF0973.JPGDSCF0974.JPG

There is a large box, with a pipe out the side, which Zvezda direct you to fit on the rear plate, between the exhaust pipes:
DSCF0976.JPG
I've looked at a fair few pictures of the T-34/85, enough to say that this wasn't a common fitting, so, I'm going to leave it off! Anyone know what it is? Smokescreen generator? Improvised oven?...........................
Dave

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

Looking very nice indeed. You're not doing me any favours though on the temptation (or marriage) front.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Anyone know what it is? Smokescreen generator? Improvised oven?...........................
Not sure … I always thought the two small barrels on the rear plate were smoke generators. Not a clue what this box-type thing is :sad:

Leaving it off is, of course, the safe option.