1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 (JV44 Hunters and Protectors Project)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just got two more push/pull rods, one lever and three wires to add then i'll start adding the main pipes back on. It's been a real struggle to get these last few bits on. And i have damaged the paintwork in places. But luckily it's Vallejo Metal Color so it'll hairy stick back on with no problems. It's nice to see the contrast of the black pipes, yellow wiring and metal body. Once this bit is done then it'll be onto the combustion chambers. A couple of fuel pipes and ignition wiring to add then they'll be ready for priming and painting. Rear end of the engine just needs painting.

Oh and just for @adt70hk there are about 50 extra bits added to just this front section alone. You were saying about more than some kits you've built? ;)

View attachment 475890View attachment 475891View attachment 475892

Al

That is simply outstanding. It really looks the business!! And yes that's the equivalent of two and a half Armourfast Panthers!!

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Certainly been an experience so far. I think i might have to go for a bog standard OOB build for my next kit lol

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There nothing as rewarding as having a success with detailing like that , esp when it works as that has done Alan.Well done you must be pleased .

I have it on good authority the Committee are watching this with interest !

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is a nice bit of "Knicky Knackery" there Alan should add greatly to the overall effect. :thumb2:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Linkage (partially) fitted as i've just broken off a control rod from it. Will glue that back on tomorrow night. Fitted a couple of pipes and made a new t-valve for the bottom pipe. Will paint these ones up now and then add the others on top afterwards. Not too much left for this front section now (thank heavens).

IMG_2836.JPGIMG_2837.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb work alan , its going to look amazing , cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
PITA....PITA....PITA..... ;) :thumb2: I'm pleased that you're not pulling your hair out Alan and the detailing is really the BomB Sir!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Can't get much better than this Alan.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
First set of pipes glued in place and painted. Makes it 'pop' a little more i think.

Three more pipes to go and then i have two filters and a few braided electrical cables to paint silver and that is the front section completed bar a few little areas to touch up with the aluminium paint. Then it's onto the middle section. All that needs is priming and painting, The rear section just needs painting.

Then it's onto joining the sections together and fitting various cables in place

IMG_2839.JPGIMG_2840.JPGIMG_2841.JPG

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's brilliant Al. Really looking the business. Very well done.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Is it finished Al? Really looking good!!

Reactions: JR