1/35 Soviet T26 Tank and a Zvezda M72 Motor cycle and side car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Still playing with the figures and kit. Now attempting the skin tones .
Meanwhile I sprayed the T26 and the Motor bike and side car with some AK gloss varnish with a view to starting the weathering in a day or so.
IMG_20230715_184634826.jpgIMG_20230715_184813180.jpgIMG_20230715_184902329_HDR.jpgIMG_20230715_184918530_HDR.jpg
Some are a bit dark,didn't put them on the pc first and alter them .Uploaded from phone .
John

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_185009053_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230715_185009053_HDR.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230715_185003854_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230715_185003854_HDR.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230715_184910468_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230715_184910468_HDR.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 4

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent progress JR....keep it coming Sir! :thumb2:

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Coming on nicely John. Dark pictures are underexposed due to the predominantly white background ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
All looks good John very impressive updates

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seem to have lost the plot over this build, done the gloss varnishing on the two vehicles . Weathering of those seems a bit hit a miss. Anyone else suddenly get that feeling of I just want this done ?

The figures are a lot better, just have to fix some kit and weapons .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Anyone else suddenly get that feeling of I just want this done ?

Don't despair 453.
You are not alone. I am having the same feelings about the bonkers boat on stilts I'm building!

Chin up and pants down. Matron will be along shortly with some tonic in a syringe!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Anyone else suddenly get that feeling of I just want this done ?
Regularly. It happens near the end of every build. The worst thing is when I do complete a build or a dio I think "Could it have been better if I hadn't rushed and cut corners at the end"

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes JR.....I'm havin' that feeling now with my Ambulance build. Can't quit though, as I need it to bring my Medical Airlift Dio. to completion.......such is life. ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't despair 453.
You are not alone. I am having the same feelings about the bonkers boat on stilts I'm building!

Chin up and pants down. Matron will be along shortly with some tonic in a syringe!

Unfortunately Matron is on a course , upgrading her hypodermic system so not going to wonder about with my pants down .

Glad I'm not alone then 570 .

Regularly. It happens near the end of every build. The worst thing is when I do complete a build or a dio I think "Could it have been better if I hadn't rushed and cut corners at the end

Thought that countless times Jim . Always see something that I missed or rushed !
Yes JR.....I'm havin' that feeling now with my Ambulance build. Can't quit though, as I need it to bring my Medical Airlift Dio. to completion.......such is life. ;)
Indeed it is Rick . Time to stock up ;).

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Finished the figures that I'm having on this, I'd had more mainly sitting but theres very little room for them with the arial .
The figure need a touch up here and there buy happy with the overall look .
IMG_20230717_180932777.jpg
Just need to fit those and then spray some flat varnish .Then the base and " burning " farm house .
Thanks for the comments.
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Oh No!!! you're for it now JR! Wait till Matron gets hold of you! Best keep your britches up so you can make a fast getaway!! ;)

• Haha

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John great work all round its looking good but as for how you feel I cant shake it off havent done any since dont know when , just felt like going through the motions all the time just like going to work but hey. The truck GB almost pressed a button but the rules were changed every five minutes instead of being firmly laid down from the word go so that's gone from the radar. However looking back through the finished/started builds last night someone was rude about one of my favorite manufacturers so was straight on to the SM Shop same kit is in the post so who knows ,I'll pm you later with a bit of news so keep a eye (no offence meant buddy)on your in tray. Dave

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
So sorry for missing this one Dear boy.I must get my backside into gear and make something Soviet.Still got a Tamiya T34 leering at me from the cupboard and 2 Hobbyboss 1930s tanks.
Just need the mojo friend.
Fine and dandy
Richard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Oh No!!! you're for it now JR! Wait till Matron gets hold of you! Best keep your britches up so you can make a fast getaway!! ;)

Rick, both you and Chris are way off.....

The flag is in fact Comrade Matron's own battle flag.......I know, I read it on a matchbox!

So rest easy 453 and remove it at your peril. She is watching!

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Erm...
Pedant time probably, but a T-26 in Russia shouldn't have a Spanish flag on the turret?
Correct me if I'm wrong
Glad you pointed that out Chris, muggins here thought it was a squadron colour :confused: Quickly painted out and some stars found . :thumb2:
Plenty of time Rick she's gone by steamer to Australia , cheapest way . So plenty of time to plan my escape .

John great work all round its looking good but as for how you feel I cant shake it off havent done any since dont know when , just felt like going through the motions all the time just like going to work but hey. The truck GB almost pressed a button but the rules were changed every five minutes instead of being firmly laid down from the word go so that's gone from the radar. However looking back through the finished/started builds last night someone was rude about one of my favorite manufacturers so was straight on to the SM Shop same kit is in the post so who knows ,I'll pm you later with a bit of news so keep a eye (no offence meant buddy)on your in tray. Dave
Look fwd to receiving your pm Dave .

All looking rather good from here John.
Thanks Andy :smiling3::thumb2:

So sorry for missing this one Dear boy.I must get my backside into gear and make something Soviet.Still got a Tamiya T34 leering at me from the cupboard and 2 Hobbyboss 1930s tanks.
Just need the mojo friend.
Fine and dandy
Richard
Richard nice to see you , forget those Hobby Boss;) stick to the Tamiya T34 . That will lift the mojo , the Hobby Boss will kill it !

Rick, both you and 'Pedant' are way off.....

The flag is in fact Comrade Matron's own battle flag.......I know, I read it on a matchbox!

So rest easy 453 and remove it at your peril. She is watching!

Damn 570 I'm in it now , I've painted it out ! Will you come and see me when I recover ?