1/35 Soviet T26 Tank and a Zvezda M72 Motor cycle and side car .

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Spanish / Matrons colours painted out ! .
Found some Russian stars to put on in the morning .

Meanwhile started the base, only a piece of thick ply . Covered it in mix of sculpty and PVA .
Then started on the building. Don't need to do a lot on this as most of it will be burnt out , so just a front frame, the roof will have gone up in smoke .
IMG_20230718_174817395.jpg
IMG_20230718_183223967.jpg
Thanks for the great comments , made me smile .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry John.....lost me head for a moment......who's your little bench buddy what's laying down on the job? ;)

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry John.....lost me head for a moment......who's your little bench buddy what's laying down on the job? ;)
He's a very important part of the building inspection team Rick .
Use him to judge door ways etc. Has a colleague as well , but he was lying down further back .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good to have him around then, ;) if one is in the scale house building business.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Apologies for behind John. That's coming on very nicely and the figures look great.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello my friend, you've had other things to do so that's alright. Yes normal problems now overcome .
Wobble
Yep! the lumps and bumps are getting back to normal, although the ribs are still giving me hell, and still laying in bed at night like a corpse as cannot lay on sides....

• Sad

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good to have him around then, ;) if one is in the scale house building business.
Certainly is Rick .

Apologies for behind John. That's coming on very nicely and the figures look great.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew
Hi Andy welcome Andrew.

Yep! the lumps and bumps are getting back to normal, although the ribs are still giving me hell, and still laying in bed at night like a corpse as cannot lay on sides....
Just take it easy Wibble .

The building. Always a really good part of your dios :smiling:
The best part for me Jim .

Especially after he's burned them!
Pete
Yes , this will take place soon !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Been working away on the base and building
Now don't get the impression that it's going to be one of my better builds. Remember this is going to be set in fire. Put out before the whole lot disappears . What I want is the remains of a burnt out peasants hovel .
Sprayed the base this morning with track brown primer .
Photo of the tank and the motor bike combo
IMG_20230721_204746089.jpgIMG_20230721_204812384.jpgIMG_20230721_204824171.jpgIMG_20230721_204836401.jpg
Comments welcome
John .

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Noice, and the figures are great, especially the guy hanging on to the aerial at the back. Bouncy suspension there! Most photos of Vickers E's, and T-26s, only show people standing next to them, which gives little clue to how tiny the thing is
Bu-ut, and I'm REALLY going to have to change my sig to Captain Pedant, no epaulettes on Soviet uniforms pre- the '43 changes. That's when Uncle Joe decided to bring back Tsarist-style shoulder boards
Am I being TOO picky?
AGAIN!?

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The figures go well with the tank, John, all coming together nicely. Are you going to burn the peasants house? You are feeling brave with matron out of the country! She has taken delivery of a drone equipped with a dart gun you know......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Noice, and the figures are great, especially the guy hanging on to the aerial at the back. Bouncy suspension there! Most photos of Vickers E's, and T-26s, only show people standing next to them, which gives little clue to how tiny the thing is
Bu-ut, and I'm REALLY going to have to change my sig to Captain Pedant, no epaulettes on Soviet uniforms pre- the '43 changes. That's when Uncle Joe decided to bring back Tsarist-style shoulder boards
Am I being TOO picky?
AGAIN!?
Steve, these men had been away for several years when that order came into force. :smiling3:

The figures go well with the tank, John, all coming together nicely. Are you going to burn the peasants house? You are feeling brave with matron out of the country! She has taken delivery of a drone equipped with a dart gun you know......
Thanks Graeme, yes the house is going to be set on fire soon :smiling:
As long as she doesn't know I've got the lighter ready I'll be ok. She thinks it's locked away in her office .
Well if that's the case Chris Boatman had better be aware !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today saw the addition of some dead vegetation, sand and small stones.
Once on a light spray of alcohol / water was given , followed by some thin PVA / warter mix .Once this is dry, Hopefully by the morning more gardening can proceed.
IMG_20230722_154458778.jpgIMG_20230722_154451688.jpg
IMG_20230722_123508057.jpg
Happiness is doing a base .