1:35 The Farmhouse

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work,Stuart,real like your weathering on this one,do like the darker,
detail,around window,doors frames,and the picking out of bricks in lighter,darker,
very well done,;)

First Name
Stuart
Lovely work so far Stuart, weathering of brickwork so far looks superb to me as does groundwork, will you be doing some roofing work? Shingles with an under structure would be befitting of such a visually pleasing project as you have so far undertaken. Hope I'm not putting too much on you but you have taken on a very involved project and you must do it justice. I do put myself into the cauldron by espousing expectations to the membership of my work and then feel impelled to do my utmost to achieve that goal (taking in advance a big bite to chew)
That is just my way of pushing myself to be the best I can possibly be, just remember, time is relative and there is never nor should there ever be any constraints on how long a project should take. You will feel much more satisfaction in taking your time and trying to include any and all detail as is humanly possible. One word of advice I can give is that maybe you should consider one or two simpler or subsidiary projects to keep you from stagnating or getting too bound up in one project.;).....Jim:smiling3:
Wow really appreciate that feedback Jim most kind of you,I was thinking of adding the roof tiles and beams with some flooring on the back of the building to separate the floors as it would look better as you said.
I would have to source this first.
I am not the fastest builder on the site I don't get a lot of time on it but maybe I should try to get a few going to mix up the work a bit.really glad you like it so far thanks again Jim and thanks for the advice

First Name
Stuart
very nice work,Stuart,real like your weathering on this one,do like the darker,
detail,around window,doors frames,and the picking out of bricks in lighter,darker,
very well done,;)
Thank you Monica really appreciate your kind comments and really glad you like the progress so far.hope to add some roof tiles and beams after jims advice to give it a better look

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I do agree with ,what Jim,has said,with the tiles,and beam,but you don,t need to be told,over and over about it,
and it will just finish off the building,as well,this is looking real good,and just don,t rush ,at this stage,:rolleyes:;)
I do my tiles,at 8mm W x 15mm L,,over lap them by 5mm and use 1.5mm T,beam,4mm W x 7 mm D,
that just give you an idea of how I do them,maybe not the right size,s but look good on the eyes,:D

First Name
Stuart
I do agree with ,what Jim,has said,with the tiles,and beam,but you don,t need to be told,over and over about it,
and it will just finish off the building,as well,this is looking real good,and just don,t rush ,at this stage,:rolleyes:;)
I do my tiles,at 8mm W x 15mm L,,over lap them by 5mm and use 1.5mm T,beam,4mm W x 7 mm D,
that just give you an idea of how I do them,maybe not the right size,s but look good on the eyes,:D
Thanks Monica that's a great help as I have never added parts to a kit before so would not have a clue to be honest.
What do you make them from

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Thanks Monica that's a great help as I have never added parts to a kit before so would not have a clue to be honest.
What do you make them from
oh sorry that dose help,I use 1.5 mm balsa wood,easy to work with,and and paint,more in washers than a heave coat,to get tones,in them,
just stuck,down with PVA,;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Wow really appreciate that feedback Jim most kind of you,I was thinking of adding the roof tiles and beams with some flooring on the back of the building to separate the floors as it would look better as you said.
I would have to source this first.
I am not the fastest builder on the site I don't get a lot of time on it but maybe I should try to get a few going to mix up the work a bit.really glad you like it so far thanks again Jim and thanks for the advice
Hey Stuart, if you look at my "Stalingrad!" dio in "dioramas under construction" forum you will get an idea of how I did my roofing, while not portending to be an expert or attempting to blow my own horn:rolleyes: I think you might find it's not so daunting a task as you might expect. After all, if I can do it anyone can;)

First Name
Stuart
oh sorry that dose help,I use 1.5 mm balsa wood,easy to work with,and and paint,more in washers than a heave coat,to get tones,in them,
just stuck,down with PVA,;)
Thanks Monica I think I have some balsa wood lying around will just have to check it out.
Appreciate your info

First Name
Stuart
Hey Stuart, if you look at my "Stalingrad!" dio in "dioramas under construction" forum you will get an idea of how I did my roofing, while not portending to be an expert or attempting to blow my own horn:rolleyes: I think you might find it's not so daunting a task as you might expect. After all, if I can do it anyone can;)
Thanks Jim I will check that out,I am watching that build so I must of seen this already but will definitely go back to look it up.
Thanks for your input to both you and Monica both been great help

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real do like how your done the gates,very nice effect,nice color with the stone work as well,other than gray or red,
liking this a lot,keep up the good work,:D

First Name
Stuart
real do like how your done the gates,very nice effect,nice color with the stone work as well,other than gray or red,
liking this a lot,keep up the good work,:D
Thanks Monica really appreciate your kind words

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very , very nice, Stuart.
I'm interested to see what detail is on the other side of the doors....

Top work.

Ron

First Name
Stuart
I have decided that the farmhouse will just be abandoned and not have any vehicles or links to the war.
Maybe an old cart or bike and a lonely figure but that's it.
i have done some of the roof beams snapped and old looking (I hope ) I have not done this before but I was given advise it would look better.
The tiles will go on at a later stage with some missing and a few sliding down .
Hope you like this next stage as bit out of my comfort zone.
It's not finished yet still a long way to go .image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

First Name
Stuart
I don't know how I missed this one Stuart some cracking work going on.
That's ok Ian there is so many to keep up with on here I understand completely
Thank you for your great feedback always appreciated mate

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real nice Stuart,liking the look of the beam,s, ;)