1/72 HMS Iron Duke - Type 23 Frigate

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
HI Garry just been lookin through your I/D build thread an i was sure you put on a pic of your hull upside down an where you have just fitted your new props on as i would like to see them up close but i cant find the pic ?
chrisb
Hi Chris, did you check out page two of the build? Possible a few shots of prop shafts going through hull near the bottom of the page!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, did you check out page two of the build? Possible a few shots of prop shafts going through hull near the bottom of the page!!
HI Doug thanks for findin them props somehow i missed them when lookin through Garrys thread cheers
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Garry how i missed that pic i'll never know but your props really look impressive an full of thrust just lookin at them brilliant only hope mine will when they do turn up as paul is havin them sent to his as he is payin for them then i will pay him when he brings them cant wait but got to wait till sept 10th before its warship day at Norwich pond
take it easy an get better ATB
CHRISB

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Thank you for your kind comments Chris. If I am able to modify some of the figures that I received from GerryW I may well add them to ID, but to be honest it will be a bit of a stretch.
ATB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thank you for your kind comments Chris. If I am able to modify some of the figures that I received from GerryW I may well add them to ID, but to be honest it will be a bit of a stretch.
ATB
Garry
HI again Garry i mean do the figures when you feel better from you op as i found doin figures very easy just get small flat file an file the figures head flat so it looks like a sailors hat an paint white an same for the officers then get a bit of double sided sticky tape an press said figure down onto it so the figures are held in place an just paint trousers black an the coats in a dark blue or all white if you want summer gear an you dont need to do many say about 6 or so some on the bridge an a couple around the chopper but up to you SIR but you will find it will bring her to life as after all the massive work you have done to build her i think she desevre a few but as i said up to you
ATB Garry
chrisb an jen

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI again Garry i mean do the figures when you feel better from you op as i found doin figures very easy just get small flat file an file the figures head flat so it looks like a sailors hat an paint white an same for the officers then get a bit of double sided sticky tape an press said figure down onto it so the figures are held in place an just paint trousers black an the coats in a dark blue or all white if you want summer gear an you dont need to do many say about 6 or so some on the bridge an a couple around the chopper but up to you SIR but you will find it will bring her to life as after all the massive work you have done to build her i think she desevre a few but as i said up to you
ATB Garry
chrisb an jen
That's the plan Chris :smiling:
Wow, that's brilliant!
Pete
Very kind of you to say Pete
What a beautifull model, plus all the plaudits from above.
Mike
Thanks Mike, I appreciate it all.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Noah Garry, that is looking so fine Sir! Nice to see your progress and that you are doing well after your OP. Spring is coming your way and I'm pretty sure you will want to take her out for a spin on the lake. I hope you are healing up well and taking it easy too...

Prost
Allen

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Dang Noah Garry, that is looking so fine Sir! Nice to see your progress and that you are doing well after your OP. Spring is coming your way and I'm pretty sure you will want to take her out for a spin on the lake. I hope you are healing up well and taking it easy too...

Prost
Allen
Thank you Allen, yes spring has sprung, so in due course she will have another spin on the lake.
Waiting to see her "white mustaches" under her "nose" while speeding in the water ...not very Navy Style dictionary isn't it? ;)
Wonderful model, Garry.
Thanks Andrea, I'll be sure to post new pics of her on the water, there were some further back in this thread, and I also popped a couple of her on the thread of complete ships.

Garry