1949 Mercury custom coupe 1/25 Revell

T

treyzx10r

Colin,Ian thank you and Colin its staying satin,well mostly thinking of doing 2 tone with the top color being the metallic lime green pearl. We'll see how the 'real' flames come out and how frustrated I get doing them first!

I won the battle of the bugs today and got the satin black down

Then the dreaded wiring and fuel line job was next,pretty pleased with the results

The interior is ready to instal

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking engine and paint trey, cant wait to see the lime pearl on top. I reckon the green /satin black 2 tone would look perfect , with or without flames , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work again Trey. The final colour scheme sounds cool, can't wait to see it!

T

treyzx10r

Tony ,Joe thank you bothI've got the flames shot ,kinda of on the fence about them.

C

CDW

I quite like that effect, looks like a raging inferno sweeping down the sides.

If you're on the fence with it, is it because it's all one tone/colour? .... if so then could you use a darker red (or even an orange or muted yellow) to apply some "shadowing" to each of the flames.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think it looks good also Trey but as Colin say's some darker and lighter reds would make it look a lot better. It's not going to be easy though

First Name
Michael
Loving it Trey, looking wicked!! I think Colins idea with the light/dark/yellow tones is worth considering. Keep it up mate it's great stuff. M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking great. I agree that some highlights and shadows would give the flames more depth.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Looking good Trey, i can see old Sly Stalone sitting in it right now.

Andy

P

Polux

This is looking very good Trey!!

Looks a very difficult paint Job!! But you are doing it fantastic!!

Polux

T

treyzx10r

Thanks for the tips and suggestions you are all spot on about the different shades! Well all was going okay until the a/b decided to spit on it(geuss it was'nt happy with them either) in the process of trying to fix the spatter I made a complete mess and decided to just cut my losses and start over.

I tried a different approach and layered the colors

Its a bit too busy now IMHO but I'm burned out with it and just going to roll with what I've got. Andy I doubt Stallone would want to sit in it now

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
WOW.

I can hardly say cool as its not. What I can say is THATS HOT!!

Maybe it was a good thing the airbrush barfed on the paint job. These are really smoking!

Ian M

C

CDW

"Everything happens for a reason" Trey ... give that airbrush an extra special little polish for messing up the first attempt, cos this second job is absolutely fantastic !!! :smiling3: :smiling3:

M

mobear

i used to watch that program on tv where they customised peoples car`pimp my ride`and i think you are on par with the artists on there,looks fantastico lol

mobear

P

Plastickitbasher

Nice work and great paint job with those hot hot flames

First Name
Michael
Holy cow!!!! That looks fantastic Trey. Really great airbrush skills, I would love to see a vidio of you doing this. M