1949 Mercury custom coupe 1/25 Revell

T

treyzx10r

Huge thank you to all for all the support and very kind words,really humbling to get such high marks from all of you! In all fairness for those that did'nt know I've been custom painting full scale for 20+ years so do'nt go thinking I'm all that ! I hate to say it but I could'nt leave it alone ! It was okay, but a bit garish for the 2tone metallic pearl lime green thats going on top . 3rd times the charm(I hope) so on went some Kosmic Brandywine candy by House of color thinned way down for the a/b of course! Michael wish I would've video taped it as well,then again after all the goofs maybe not lol. The real trick is multiple layers and knowing when to stop!

M

mobear

maybe my monitor but it looks way better now,nice and vibrant and in your face,looking really nice

mobear

C

CDW

Third time the charm it is then !!! :smiling3: :smiling3:

It looks very much more 3D than the other two, im impressed !

Makes me want to get a couple of old bike tanks and do a few paint-overs :smiling3:

T

troysr20

Very nice Trey. Awesome a/b skills. I also want to see a video of that so next time film it for us. Can't wait to see final product.

First Name
Michael
Brilliant, I can see knowing when to stop would take a lot of experience. This just gets better and better!! M

T

treyzx10r

Thanks again everyone!I've gotten some build time in and finished up the interior,along with the exhaust and weathered the underside a tad.

Also applied the Green pearl,just have to shoot some clear over it next

C

CDW

Ooooooh ..... green over black.... thats tasty stuff Trey.

chassis looks about the right amount of dust and dirt for a show car thats been driven around a bit ...

next update please matey :smiling3: :smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Just got caught up and that is some classy car mate.

Tony.

M

mobear

love the contrasting green colour,and the line is so neat awesome trey

mobear

J

Jim Scott

Very slik Tray, fantastic paint job can't wait to see it with the white walls on it.

Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Loving that green pearl.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Brilliant progress, the underneath is spot on, has to be a mirror mount id you are displaying it bro.

Andy

First Name
Chris
NICE! That's a great looking paint job there Trey, keep up the good work.

Regards

Chris