Andy T's Bandai 1/48 AT-ST

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've built up the waist / engine section:

1000007704.jpg

1000007705.jpg

I've also been painting the cockpit in between gardening duties. Not much will be seen once closed up, but since the roof just snaps into place I guess it could be removed

1000007699.jpg

1000007706.jpg

1000007707.jpg

1000007708.jpg

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Very nice Andy, those colours on the uniforms look spot on. shame about having to hide all that gorgeous detail when the 'lid' goes on, I'm sure when i built mine I removed or cut down the pegs that snap it in place and ended up being able to lift it off the show the insides off..

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
It looks that way, but they also include some parts to lock the joints in a set position, "when displaying the model for a long period of time"

Personally I'll be finding a pose I like and running a bit of cement in.
Like, 'just before stomping on an ewok...'

Last edited:

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
So, why DO SF movie vehicles have so many lights and switches on their panels?

'Make those lights flash in sequence!’

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
OOh nice , love the colours in the Office.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Stonking!
Thank you Sir!

Very nice Andy, those colours on the uniforms look spot on. shame about having to hide all that gorgeous detail when the 'lid' goes on, I'm sure when i built mine I removed or cut down the pegs that snap it in place and ended up being able to lift it off the show the insides off..
Thanks Chris. I think I'll sand the pins for the roof a bit to make removal easier. All of the pins are incredibly tight, even the slightest drift of paint on them and it's a no go. Next time I'll cover the holes & pins with a blob of blue tack or tape, just to save all the clean up time!

OOh nice , love the colours in the Office.
Thanks John. A few were chosen from screen shots from the film, like the screens with yellow or green graphics, but some were from my imagination.

I've built one of the legs. I have to say this thing could get into some very strange positions! It must do yoga :tears-of-joy:

It should make finding an interesting pose on the base easier though.

1000007716.jpg

1000007717.jpg

1000007718.jpg

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
'I can't see a thing in this helmet!’
(Palpatine voice) ’They're behind you, you fools!’

It still gets me that, in the early versions of the Jedi script, the forest moon (OF Endor) was going to be the Wookie homeworld of Kashyyk!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It pretty much falls together mate, it's a peach of a kit.
.... Despite having to juggle this with finishing the Hurricane AND decorating the bathroom,I have just managed to get a stab at doing some more to mine,and you're spot on...
It's a brilliant kit :thumb2: :cool:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... Despite having to juggle this with finishing the Hurricane
:cool:
Oh crumbs, I knew there was something else I needed to get done this weekend! The hours have flown by with modelling and snooker :tears-of-joy:

I'm sure many a diorama has started like this - glueing lumps of foam together:

1000007741.jpg

(back in the shed for the really messy bits)

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
.... I'm sure that makes perfect sense to everyone else,but.....
... Can you put that in English mate?!! :flushed: :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
Okay. Picture if you will...
No ewoks (LITTLE furry guys)
Lots of Wookies (BIG furry guys) instead

Think that covers it ;)

So, basically, Lucas waited forty years for CGI to render fur, rather than using two ewok suit to make one wookie...

Wait, I think I just came all over Rod Serling there (and him with his suit just back from the cleaners...)

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm trying to finalise the general layout before slopping some goop around and I'm pretty happy with this.

Thinner, shorter trees will have some foliage, thicker ones will be mostly trunk.

1000007758.jpg

I know I'm racing ahead with this but it's distraction tactics. Zoë & I had a huge bomb dropped onto us last week, so we've both been burying our heads into anything we can to keep our minds off the subject.

Hopefully we'll be getting some clarity later today on whether it's bad, or really bad :confused:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I'm trying to finalise the general layout before slopping some goop around and I'm pretty happy with this.

Thinner, shorter trees will have some foliage, thicker ones will be mostly trunk.

View attachment 508245

I know I'm racing ahead with this but it's distraction tactics. Zoë & I had a huge bomb dropped onto us last week, so we've both been burying our heads into anything we can to keep our minds off the subject.

Hopefully we'll be getting some clarity later today on whether it's bad, or really bad :confused:
This is looking good Andy, but I hope your news turns out to be nowhere near as bad as you fear.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This is looking good Andy, but I hope your news turns out to be nowhere near as bad as you fear.
Thanks Tim. It's hard to put a positive spin on it, and to be fair we're still in limbo :confused:

Last Wednesday we found out that my wife has breast cancer, but the extent was unclear. An MRI on Friday was supposed to address that but today's results have produced more questions than answers, as they found additional "indeterminate" areas.

What we do know is that they are confident the diagnosed areas are treatable with surgery / radio / chemotherapy, but they can't speak for the newly discovered masses until they've run further tests.

So more waiting & wondering, with everything crossed.

Sorry to put this here but since I blurted out my earlier post I thought I better had. We haven't even told family yet so had to get it off my chest somehow!