Andy T's Bandai 1/48 AT-ST

Stefee

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stefan
Very upsetting to hear and live with, had similar situation with my mum and it is amazing what modern treatments and therapies can do. Alltwen best to your wife and the rest of the family. In our prayers.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That’s one hell of a bombshell mate, I know it can be hard to see any positives right now but they’ve found it so now time to formulate the plan to give it a good kicking

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That’s not great Andy, but please be aware it is eminently treatable. I worked with three woman that were survivors of this so I know it can be beaten. Positive outlook is the way forward buddy, thinking of you and your wife at this time.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks for your kind words guys, much appreciated.

I'll try not to make too much more of it in a build thread, but I'll try and keep you posted elsewhere. We'll both feel better once we know exactly what we are dealing with, as it's all a bit vague right now.

Onwards and upwards!

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
So sorry to hear of your wife's distressing news. I can empathise mate. Went down the worry road some years back but with a happier prognosis. No surgery or treatment required. Best wishes to you both.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks again for your support guys.

Back to brighter things - on with the build :smiling3:

I've framed the foam in balsa, cut oversize for now. I'll trim it once I have the basing material down.

I've also been trying my hand at a pine tree:

1000007774.jpg

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Thanks Tim. It's hard to put a positive spin on it, and to be fair we're still in limbo :confused:

Last Wednesday we found out that my wife has breast cancer, but the extent was unclear. An MRI on Friday was supposed to address that but today's results have produced more questions than answers, as they found additional "indeterminate" areas.

What we do know is that they are confident the diagnosed areas are treatable with surgery / radio / chemotherapy, but they can't speak for the newly discovered masses until they've run further tests.

So more waiting & wondering, with everything crossed.

Sorry to put this here but since I blurted out my earlier post I thought I better had. We haven't even told family yet so had to get it off my chest somehow!
Awful news Andy, I can't believe the amount of people I know at the moment going through breast cancer treatment. However, thankfully, all have beaten it!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy, just had a look in after a busy few days and saw your bad news! :sad-face:
So sorry to hear about Zoe, obviously our thoughts are with you from down in Devon. Here's to a full and swift recovery mate.
All the VERY best,Andy,and Rach.

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be fine again quickly.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks again for all your support everyone.

I (tried to) apply some sculptamold type material yesterday but I reckon it must have expired. Despite a good shake of the bag then a thorough mixing with water, some parts set almost instantly as lumps, whereas other parts are still quite sloppy this morning.

That meant any kind of sculpting or shaping was a bit haphazard, and pressing the various elements into it a non-starter. I'd even made a stamp so that I could form "footsteps" but that didn't really work in the material. .

I'll give this some time in the sun to (hopefully) dry out, and go over it with something else.

1000007782.jpg

1000007724.jpg

I've also purchased this bag of cheap plastic palm trees. Removing the trunks and adding some paint should produce decent fern looking foliage:

2024-05-1007.13.522498471477565573063.jpg

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Tim and Paul, I'm happy with how it's going so far.

My pine tree experiment came out looking a bit pathetic but I'm trying something else. Hopefully there will be plenty of lush vegetation over the top of this ground cover for the teddy bears to hide amongst.