Andy's 1/48 Hasagawa "Nick"

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good afternoon gentlemen,(and you Allen!!;):tears-of-joy:!),
So,the big day is upon us...and it's great to see a few of you underway already !
SO THEN, here's my first entry..
IMG20230701154744.jpg
Looking at the kit now, I'm not sure that pilot will be of any use,but I hope so! I also bought these to help with the GB...
IMG20230701160100.jpg
Now I usually rattle can and hairy stick my models,(I know,I know HERETIC!!),but in this case I'm going for a camo scheme that just cries out for the AB!:flushed:...hence the AMMO paint set. To explain....
IMG20230701155054.jpg
There are 2 camo schemes offered,but I'm going for the more tricky,(for me anyway!!),"squiddly" pattern :dizzy:... more sprue pics...
IMG20230701155213.jpg
IMG20230701155429.jpg
I know you can't see too much there,but I'll show some details as I go,and they are quite nice:cool:
...So that's it, I'm, quite literally, about to start..... Let battle commence :thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice!
That thar book. Wouldn't happen to have any photos of an F1M2 off of Yamato

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Excellent! That is a such a nice looking aircraft, can’t wait to see the build up!
Thanks Ernie,it does have a good look about it.... just hope the camo comes out ok... that will make or break this build! ;)
Nice looking kit pal, good luck
Cheers Mick,the kit is very well done imho :thumb2:
Ooh that looks nice

The main thing keeping me out of this GB is that I've absolutely no idea what would qualify but some real good looking birds have popped up!
Go on Andy, you know you wanna...I think you'll find that it's the first time most of us have attempted a Japanese Aircraft :hugging-face:
Nice!
That thar book. Wouldn't happen to have any photos of an F1M2 off of Yamato
Have had a good look and I'm afraid not Ian :sad: ... This is the only page for it.....
IMG20230702083404.jpg
For discussion purposes only of course!!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ooh that looks nice

The main thing keeping me out of this GB is that I've absolutely no idea what would qualify but some real good looking birds have popped up!
What Ian said...... You can pick up early 1/48 Tamiya Zeros and Raidens for less than £15...... You know you want to! ;)

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I'm in - picked up an Airfix 1/72 Zero at the Hinckley show. (Tony made me buy it!) Will start a build thread later when the Hurricane is finished.
Pete
Sorry, this should have been in the chat thread. Can a mod move it please?

Last edited:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Go on Andy, you know you wanna...I think you'll find that it's the first time most of us have attempted a Japanese Aircraft :hugging-face:

What Ian said...... You can pick up early 1/48 Tamiya Zeros and Raidens for less than £15...... You know you want to! ;)

Funnily enough I've just this minute pulled the trigger on something from the shop ;) It say "Japanese World War II fighter aircraft" in the description so I'm blaming John if it doesn't count lol :smiling5:

I should be joining the fun in a couple of days :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then,I have progressed a bit on this today :thumb2:
However,it's a roast beef tea tonight,and I'm the meat carver:cool:, can't wait to be honest,and Rach has done her lovely Yorkshires,as well as all the lovely veg:blow-kiss:,.. so, not much modelling will be happening this evening!... But here's my progress..
IMG20230702172940.jpg
IMG20230702173051.jpg
IMG20230702173142.jpg
Sorry it's brief! .. however,a quick shot of some detail
IMG20230701182508.jpg
It's all rather nice, but that,in particular,peaked my interest!!
Thanks for looking in,see you when I've had my lovely roast!!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start andy , it looks like a beautifully detailed kit . Hope the dinner went down well ( im sure it did , and im also sure everyone thats read this thread will be salivating , dreaming about roast dinners now !)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Mr. Smiff,

Thank you for the personalized greeting at the beginning of your thread and I feel honored Sir. I see you are off to a better start than I am too! The parts look real cleanly molded by looking at the dashboard. I especially love the bar stool, disco light array, on the left and the smoke machine with the tank on top, on the right. Did you happen to get any bottles to put on the bar with the kit???...

I, like the others here, hope you had a wonderful dinner, but I am curious about a couple of things......Is the roast beef baked in tea or just in the oven by itself??? And what is this Yorkshire pudding all about??? Do you use the whole terrier or just selected parts to make it. It sounds rather gruesome to me and doesn't the SPCA in Devon, or on the whole Insel, have laws governing such activities against the poor helpless Yorkies???...They are really cute little thangs Andy!!!...

Prost and quite Shocked
Allen