Andy's 1/48 Hasagawa "Nick"

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It's not as bad as it looks Andy;)...
I'm going to have the forward part open,so that piece covering it can just be sprayed over,and the centre section,(the bit with the two forward facing mgs),is mostly painted with camo.
The rear gunner's position is open anyway,which I thought a bit odd.... maybe they didn't take it up in foul weather!!:thinking::tears-of-joy:.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Smiffy,
Looking mighty fine mate.
Cheers Scottie...tiz a nice kit :thumb2:
Just catching up with your build Andy.

Top notch job so far, you are smashing it (as the youth say) :tears-of-joy:

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff,but I won't be smashing this one, it's too good a kit:dizzy:.....oh,I see what mean!!;):tears-of-joy:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then muchachos, it's been a week from hell at work... I've been down to Cornwall,up to North Devon,and even ventured into Dorset!!:dizzy:.....
...HOWEVER , I've managed to cram in a little progress!....
IMG20230712190248.jpg
Good ole Halfords Grey on there,
IMG20230715160359.jpg
Painted up the motors,and then covered em up....
IMG20230715193453.jpg
.... that's all in the light grey base colour there,was wondering how to go about the camo stage,decided on painting the green patches on top of the grey,will take a while....but I'm actually kind of looking forward to it!!:nerd:
It's shaping up to be a nice looking aircraft,I just hope I don't blow it doing the camo!!:flushed:;)
...... We'll find out tomorrow eh?!!

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very nice.
I brush painted a similar camo on a tank and a universal carrier a while back. I used Vallejo model color thinned down and two coats. Don't know if that's any help.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks very much guys,
I've shoved some wheels on,(front and back :nerd:),
And then attempted the camo in Kawasaki green ... it's brush painted,and needs more coats/weathering,as you wil see :flushed: !
So,less ado,and this ain't great,or near completed, but ere we go...
IMG20230717191437.jpg
IMG20230717191450.jpg
IMG20230717191623.jpg
IMG20230717191647.jpg
So then,as I said, there's much more to be done, especially on the camo,but as it stands, I'm hopeful of a good result :hugging-face:
As always, thanks for looking in,and any thoughts or plain ole abuse most appreciated!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... Well then,as you have seen in the previous pics,there was several areas that needed addressing...
... done some of that this evening,and made more progress with the green on the fuselage...
IMG20230718175758.jpg
... again,a lot of tidying up to do, but we're definitely getting there now mefinks :thumb2:
...more pics of, hopefully,the camo nearing completion tomorrow:hugging-face: ... it's taking a while,but kinda therapeutic in a wierd way!!
Cheers for now,
Andy

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Well the Camo is definitely not “blown” as you previously worried about :tears-of-joy:

Top work Andy, well done :thumb2:

Geoff.

Last edited: