"Bendy Bus" VW Doka / 5th wheel camper kitbash

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve, Andy & Neil.

Much of it is ready to come together now and it's usually the stage where I'd rush to get it finished and mess up or miss something obvious, so I need to be wary of that.

I'm twiddling my thumbs a bit trying to get inspiration for accessories, and also waiting for some chrome paint to arrive. I ordered direct from Alclad as I thought that was the safest bet at the moment, but it's been almost a week and no sign of it being dispatched yet, so who knows when it'll turn up!

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Whilst thumb twiddling, you might consider an elevated grill shelf above the large grill to warm buns or cooked items, as well as the other half of the drum hinged as a lid. Maybe a rack on the rear of the trailer to carry the grill? Maybe as simple as short pcs of pipe (like nerf bars or just welded to rear bumper) that the back legs of the grill fit into. Random thoughts over pm coffee & cookies. PaulE

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent work on this Andy, you have really moved up through the gears on this one....

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Steve, Andy & Neil.

Much of it is ready to come together now and it's usually the stage where I'd rush to get it finished and mess up or miss something obvious, so I need to be wary of that.

I'm twiddling my thumbs a bit trying to get inspiration for accessories, and also waiting for some chrome paint to arrive. I ordered direct from Alclad as I thought that was the safest bet at the moment, but it's been almost a week and no sign of it being dispatched yet, so who knows when it'll turn up!

Wot! No portable TV or tablet?

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Tim, that means a lot.

Cheers for the suggestions Paul. I only had enough foil (from a fast food container) to do half a barrel. I could try thin plastic card but I'm not sure if I'd be able to press the ribs into it. An extra shelf should be possible though.

I want something else on the pick up deck, there's plenty of space before the trailer, so I'll see if the grill will fit there. I'd considered a bike rack for that space but the only 1/24 bicycle kit I can find is daft money.

And as for electronics, the owner's on a media detox :smiling5:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yet again. Simply brilliant work.!!!

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Maybe a Vespa? I thought I saw one on evilbay sometime ago. Don't remember the scale but several would work w/little effort as 1:1 motorscooters came in many sizes. :thumb2: on E fasting. PaulE

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Maybe a Vespa? I thought I saw one on evilbay sometime ago. Don't remember the scale but several would work w/little effort as 1:1 motorscooters came in many sizes. :thumb2: on E fasting. PaulE

I've got this if you want it,Andy.
I can't remember the make- Hasegawa? Fujimi?-Japanese, definitely.
I bought it about 35 years ago with some figures -I'm sure it's 1-24 scale.
I'll never use it-PM me your address and it's yours
IMG_20200508_145933211_HDR.jpg

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I thought I saw an under-counter fridge for chilled comestibles? PaulE

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This is a fantastic build Andy. Loving watching it come together.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Steve & John.

Yes, I was really happy with how it was going, very proud of myself, but after making such a bad job of the windows over the past two days it's probably only ever going to get seen in a few distant, out of focus photos :smiling5:

Never mind, there's always the next one :smiling3:

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Andy mate, everything is recoverable more or less....what happened? Somebody may be able to help.