"Bendy Bus" VW Doka / 5th wheel camper kitbash

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Andy absolutely brilliant work can you please give us mere mortals a chance, that just confirms what I said in my previous post.
Was going to post something on mine but I'll wait for a day, week, month, year now.
Keep it coming.
Pete with his jaw on the floor.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You are on fire Andy!! Cant keep up with all this wonderful work. Looks like you are having lots of fun. Keep it comin mate.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Late to parade and missed a great build,Some stunning scratchbuilding,I had an idea of turning one of these into either a Coffee serving bus or Burger van with burger on roof.Did toy with the idea if Tamiya delivery van with similar.
Great work!!!..
Rich.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done Andy...everything is coming together even the outdoor furniture looks good. What a unique setting it'll be if you do the base.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks everyone, your comments have blown me away!

Allen, I know you were only kidding but it gave me an idea to work with, for which I'm grateful. My creative, imaginative side is a bit lacking so I'm happy to take inspiration from anywhere :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 7181

I was wondering what to do this afternoon so my wife suggested a BBQ.

When I returned with this a few hours later the look on her face told me it wasn't quite what she had in mind!

IMRYfko.jpg

Still a WIP, might add a shelf or something

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Pete.

I have some HO scale coal (when I can find it!) that should work well in the BBQ. Thomas wants me to make some sausages for the top :smiling5:

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

Your getting rather good at this scratch building malarkey, top work Andy very nice job indeed.
Pete.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I have one of those! Blue canvas seat. Very comfy. Love the bagpipes on the roof. PauE

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks folks.

I've got a mental block with the main builds so though I'd faff around with accessories for a while. I don't have any kind of plan but if I keep making stuff that's camping related, I'm sure I can get them to fit in somewhere.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
sorry i missed this one... absolutely brilliant.... ;)

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Greg, and no need to apologise. I've been watching your amazing MACV dio from the start but somehow I've managed not to comment!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

I've just been catching up on your activity since the middle of last week. Quite simply stupendous!!

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Andrew, glad you like it.

I added a bit more to the BBQ and got it painted up in Ocean Grey. Most of the images I've found seem to be either black or dark grey, so that was that. This will probably be the only part of the build that sees any "weathering", just so it looks like it's been used a bit. Oh, and I found the coal I'm going to use as fuel in it.

6HiZ19D.jpg

I also had a delivery from John today so I got a temporary spray booth set up to give everything it's final coat of primer.

4aW0QHS.jpg

I was going to use Stynylrez but bottled it in the end, I'd rather my first try of that be with something I've spent less time on. In the end I used Mr Base White. Not as impressive as their blurb makes it out to be, I think their regular white primer covers just as well, but hey ho.

1IIUIaS.jpg

4dFD4Cr.jpg

Tomorrows plan is to get the white paint on, then have yet another go at the masking for the main colour. If I fail again then the whole thing will end up getting painted, I'll just leave the roofs white.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Terrific stuff, Andy. A pleasure to watch it come together.

I have a good friend who makes, and fits out doll's houses. I sent him some pictures of your scratch building for the vans. To say he was impressed is an understatement!

He buys most of his stuff ready made and told me your scratched accessories etc. are excellent, especially the gas bottle and deck chair!