boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, I have spent the last week going through your build from the very beginning, and read most of it, but am fascinated by all the build pictures which speak a thousand words to me..
It has peaked my interest in this type of build, not that my skill levels would manage what you are achieving though, and my electronics knowledge is somewhere in the non existent realm. :smiling: I am able to wire plugs though:smiling4:
Perhaps a smaller build might be more suitable for me to consider cutting my teeth on?
Where does one find the plans for this type of build?
Unfortunately I don't have the supplier base that most of you fine modellers/makers have in your part of the world, which may present a challenge, but I will investigate further as to what might be available here.
ATB
Garry
HI Garry WOW well you have done well if you have looked through most of the build an i hope you enjoyed the build an yes it would take about a week or so lookin at a few pages at a time to look through most of the build as even i dint think it would go this far but still quite a bit more to come im afraid as this is the one of the most complex build ive EVER done about on par with my USS NIMITZ CVN 68 SUPER CARRIER build that took 7 yrs to build but im hopeing this one will be done in 5 yrs as its been nr 3 yrs build already

An if you do wish to have a go at a smaller build than the company i bought my plans from ( i'll put the address of them in a pic below in a moment where you can contact them if you want a small plan as they do most plans in 1/128th scale an 1/96 th SCALE ) as i had my 1/72 scale plans done specialy an boy did it cost but worth it as without them i could not have built tiger in 1/72 scale an im really pleased at how its comin on

But Garry if you do get a smaller plan for a ship you like to build then the golden rule is always think ahead an regards eletronics im not very good Garry all these wires that you see are just circuts an jump circuts with a gadget that you want to power in the circut an some fuses boxes an a relay or two but most of the stuff you will need is made by a manufactuer an its a simple postive an negitive feeds so in reality its easy although ive made light on things but there are a few areas where you may need help with but im on here an i will help you if i can but in a small ship there wont be much of anything as you can make it simple eg. batt' fuse box' ESC' an motors ' so its simple mine is only complex as i wanted a few thing to work but ive made a small mine sweeper called HMS KELLINGTON for a lady freind an its about 18inches long in 1/96 scale from a deans marine kit in three months so if you dont want to build the hull thats the way to go with a kit SORRY to ramble on lol
anyway the address where i get my plans from is below ATB TO YOU SIR
chrisb IMG_7070.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris .
Morning .

It reaches a stage you think it can't be beaten , then you achieve another , my word how much more work are we going to be amazed with ?

What ever your on can we have some please.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris .
Morning .

It reaches a stage you think it can't be beaten , then you achieve another , my word how much more work are we going to be amazed with ?

What ever your on can we have some please.
HI John hope you will soon be both feeling better as we are thinking of you both an yes i'll ship you some happy tabs lol an there is quite a bit more to come on the build im afraid as i have said to Garry above that this build is goin longer than i even exspected but if i want to finish her to sail her its all got to be done eg. over 400 railings brass P/E posts go to be fitted yet but they will only go on after her maiden voyage as if she dont need them keel weights

then i will have to turn her upside down on cushions to protect her an remove them an them guns turretts have still got to be built an at the moment i only have a vauge idea on how im gonna make them an hopefull work rotating the turres an elevating the guns an i hope if i can afford it to have gunfire sound units an 3mm ultrabright leds in the gun barralles an there are still the scott domes for the satcoms to build

an the qauter deck is to be fitted out an all the fair leads fitted an the bolloards several around the decks an about a hundred white leds to light her up on show when in a show an the front breakwater is not built yet an more that i will come to looking at the plans so it may be a 7 yr build yet lol an i have to fit the ships crane an the motor launches are to be built an about 70 to a hundred crew figures have got to be altered from railway men figures to naval crew Aaaaaaaaagggggghhhhh will i ever finish lol
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to respond, and thank you so much for the name of the plan company.
You kind offer of assistance is gratefully received and accepted, should I decide to venture forth with actual model making.
The build thread was a pleasure to read, and so very interesting.
I will research the plans, and see if I can find something that I feel I may be able to tackle.
ATVB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to respond, and thank you so much for the name of the plan company.
You kind offer of assistance is gratefully received and accepted, should I decide to venture forth with actual model making.
The build thread was a pleasure to read, and so very interesting.
I will research the plans, and see if I can find something that I feel I may be able to tackle.
ATVB
Garry
HI again Garry well im glad you enjoyed looking through my tiger build an yes i will be happy to help you if i can so i hope if you do actualy do a build i hope you will post it on here an good luck if you do
ATVB
Chris an jen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Just caught up (again) Chris. Sterling work mate. Just fabulous. Interested to see how you solve the turret conundrum as well….. :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just caught up (again) Chris. Sterling work mate. Just fabulous. Interested to see how you solve the turret conundrum as well….. :thumb2:
HI Tim cheers for your nice comments AN regards the turret conundrum an i suppoce you mean how i will get the gun turrets to work ? well i'll be intrested as well lol as ive only a vague idea at the moment so i'll have a swot up when ive finshed the helo an look at some ideas i will draw out on paper
chrisb ps hope you are better soon Tim

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI again Garry well im glad you enjoyed looking through my tiger build an yes i will be happy to help you if i can so i hope if you do actualy do a build i hope you will post it on here an good luck if you do
ATVB
Chris and Jen

Hi Chris, the website for Trinity Aries is no longer in use, and my research on the web indicates that they have retired and closed down.
I will carry on looking on the web for other sources though.
Thanks
ATVB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, the website for Trinity Aries is no longer in use, and my research on the web indicates that they have retired and closed down.
I will carry on looking on the web for other sources though.
Thanks
ATVB
Garry
WOW im shocked Garry closed down oh dear as i have met a new freind who is building HMS TIGER like mine but in 1/96 scale but not as a heicopter carrier as he wants it as it was as a gun crusier an he wants a 1/96 plan so when i see him i will tell him that jecobin has closed down so like you he will have to source his plans elsewhere but its a pity or a crying shame they have closed as they did very accruate plans oh dear thats another let down on the model boat hobby
ATB
chris

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
WOW im shocked Garry closed down oh dear as i have met a new freind who is building HMS TIGER like mine but in 1/96 scale but not as a heicopter carrier as he wants it as it was as a gun crusier an he wants a 1/96 plan so when i see him i will tell him that jecobin has closed down so like you he will have to source his plans elsewhere but its a pity or a crying shame they have closed as they did very accruate plans oh dear thats another let down on the model boat hobby
ATB
chris
It is indeed sad Chris, thus far I have not come up with anything that speaks to me.
I will continue looking.
ATB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
It is indeed sad Chris, thus far I have not come up with anything that speaks to me.
I will continue looking.
ATB
Garry
Garry try deans marine in uk as they make boat an ship kits an fleetscaleas they also an Sirmar there are three you could try
chris b

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Superb work every time Chris, lovely skills and progress!!
CHEERS Bobm8ty an yes she's comin on but still so much to do an ive thought up something esle ive forgottern to menshion an that ive got to build out of brass rod an net curtain the flightdeck railings an they are quite big about 15 inches long so thats more work for me an they should hingde up an down but will see on that wow this ship is complex an i only just found that out as the plans are so big i only look at them to build something then all six plans all rolled up again so no can see
ATB
chrisb

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Garry try deans marine in uk as they make boat an ship kits an fleetscaleas they also an Sirmar there are three you could try
chris b
Many thanks for that information Chris, I have had a quick look, and it seems Sirmar are not trading anymore, however the other two have some great stuff, which I will be going through.
ATB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Garry well ive just put on this questins of about jecobin plans service an simar on model boat mayhem forum an i got an answer an they say jecobin areires plans service is still goin but sirmar have just dropped off goggle for some reason but they are still goin so if you tell me what ship plans you are looking for i may be able to get them for you an send them for you if you will just pay my costs ?
chris trying to help

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
HI Garry well ive just put on this questins of about jecobin plans service an simar on model boat mayhem forum an i got an answer an they say jecobin areires plans service is still goin but sirmar have just dropped off goggle for some reason but they are still goin so if you tell me what ship plans you are looking for i may be able to get them for you an send them for you if you will just pay my costs ?
chris trying to help
Hi Chris, That is very kind of you to offer.
TBH I have no idea which model may be of interest at this time, I was more wanting to see what was available. So probably best for me to do a bit more research first.
I'll have another go at trying to find them on the web.
Thank you so much for your help thus far.
ATB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, That is very kind of you to offer.
TBH I have no idea which model may be of interest at this time, I was more wanting to see what was available. So probably best for me to do a bit more research first.
I'll have another go at trying to find them on the web.
Thank you so much for your help thus far.
ATB
Garry
OK Garry up to you
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI again Garry just found out that jecobin -arreies ships plans services have now been taken over by
their email address an if you let the site run a couple of minutes it comes up about ships plans
an here is the their email address below
xx.gif

Re: jecobin plans an sirmar

« Reply #4 on:

Jecobin and now under the ownership of Quaycraft

https://quaycraft.uk/

chris b ps hope this helps you Garry