boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
WELL Many thanks Andrew for your kind words an if you like it then im happy but i want to see if i can do better
chrisb ps hope you both feeling better
Getting there, thanks Chris. So far it seems I'm getting off getting lightly compared to most. Not sleeping great though for some reason. No breathing issues or coughs.... Just seem to be waking up at odd times.....

And you're more than welcome, this build deserves it

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, you are an exceptionally dedicated modelmaker - and your results speak for themselves! All credit to you mate ... :smiling5:
Steve
HI Steve many thanks for your nice comments an yes but in in my opinon im just a avrage model maker that likes to try better myself than i would normally as this is not a static build if it was then it would be just all glued togeather like i have done loads of time before but as this model ship an chopper may be my last build as getting on so im trying more harder
cheers
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Getting there, thanks Chris. So far it seems I'm getting off getting lightly compared to most. Not sleeping great though for some reason. Not breathing issues or coughs.... Just seem to be waking up at odd times.....

And you're more than welcome, this build deserves it

ATB.

Andrew
thanks Andrew an glad you are feeling better an hope your wife is as ive lost some good freinds to this bug

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Chris, I'm surprised you didn't power that tail rotor through contacts in the hinge area instead of wires, so when the tail is folded the contact is broken so the rotor isn't powered.
Pete

ps I'm only joking! :tongue-out:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, I'm surprised you didn't power that tail rotor through contacts in the hinge area instead of wires, so when the tail is folded the contact is broken so the rotor isn't powered.
Pete

ps I'm only joking! :tongue-out:
WOW Pete :thinking: dont do that give me ideas like that you'll give me a heart attack lol you must have seen how small the area is with your chopper LOL but i think that idea has merit on something a bit bigger with contactacts on a non eletrical back plate an same on the other side of the hinge so that when you close it the eletric passes an works thing an when the hinge is swung back then the eletric contact are broken congrates Pete a very good idea indeed an i may use it someday hope you not goin to pattern pending the idea :tongue-out3: :rolling: :smiling: :cold-sweat: lol
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Pete did you have any trouble with fitting the glass in as mine is terrible ive had to file off a mm of glass to get the side windows to fit :crying:
chrisb

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
HI Pete did you have any trouble with fitting the glass in as mine is terrible ive had to file off a mm of glass to get the side windows to fit :crying:
chrisb
The side windows were fine Chris, except where I'd opened up the hole in the fuselage a bit too much - this SAR versions has more side windows than the transport ones, so the kit needs the holes cut out for some of the windows. The canopy fitted perfectly, but the panel under the front of the canopy needed a bit of sanding.

If you were thinking of doing another Sea King I can recommend the Revell kit.

Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The side windows were fine Chris, except where I'd opened up the hole in the fuselage a bit too much - this SAR versions has more side windows than the transport ones, so the kit needs the holes cut out for some of the windows. The canopy fitted perfectly, but the panel under the front of the canopy needed a bit of sanding.

If you were thinking of doing another Sea King I can recommend the Revell kit.

Pete
WELL Pete ive got another brand new kit that i had forgotten i had an i could kick myself as this is a airfix kit an it has the motor mounting already built in by airfix but me bein a forgetfull dumbo dint look in the cuboards till i bought the one im now workin on an i coul have saved myself all that measuering to fit the main motor but whats done is done an in some ways this kit is a better one even though a rotten fit as its got the bottom seperate so i can jion up the two sides but still get into the fusalarge an all togeather ive got to build 4 seakings but i was lucky that andy the paint guy who used to be on here dint like the yellow finish on his raf seaking so he sent it to me to use on tigers flight deck so i dont need to buy any more thank goodness as its getting costly an cheers for the info on the glass fits
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL again still on that chopper as a few more pics to show whats happening on it an fitted in the floor an to see how it fits an not very well im afraid i thought dragon kits were good but this one is :poop: IMG_7220.JPG