Brian's 1/100 HMS Victory

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW BRI ive been tryin for months to aviod that happening an been successfull so far hope you mend soon bet that throbbin yea ?
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Done a bit more this morning, but I must say this is the worst fitting kit to date. I don't class myself as a good modeler and been fighting this since the start, I must say the shine is wearing off.
I beg to differ Bri. A good modeller is not someone that can stick a few perfectly formed parts together. It is someone that can take a few bent, warped, badly shaped bits and make them fit. To a high standard to boot.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Eight stitches! What did you cut it with an axe.
Ouch! Hope it's healing quick and you are not suffering to much.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Eight stitches! What did you cut it with an axe.
Ouch! Hope it's healing quick and you are not suffering to much.
Ian not very clever of me cutting towards me slipped off the plastic and went in half the thickness of my thumb and went a good 2.5cm down my thumb a nice chunky flap :smiling3: 8 small stiches in a semi circle
P.S. stopped throbbing but a pain to get a shower :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The shine might be wearing off for you, but from where I’m sitting that is polishing up really well Brian. Looks fantastic.
As to the cut finger, ouch! Something most of us have done, but not that successfully! Most cuts just get stuck together with steri strips so that one must be deep. To get a shower without it getting wet, by the way, wrap it in clingfilm or tape the finger from a rubber glove over it with waterproof sticking plaster strapping.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Hope the thumb is healing OK. The lengths some people will got to to get out of present wrapping and Christmas Day washing up.
Victory is looking great.
The thumb is healing fine thanks, got a dish washer (the wife) and done a bit more before the grand kids come around for Christmas dinner :smiling3:

IMG20231225092814.jpg
Needs touching up in places

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The thumb is healing fine thanks, got a dish washer (the wife) and done a bit more before the grand kids come around for Christmas dinner :smiling3:

View attachment 498345
Needs touching up in places
Looking very, very good. Feel better knowing I'm not the only one cramming before armageddon starts, eh before the lovely children arrive.