Building the IMARA TUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sky Raider

Thanks Steve. No progress for you guys at the moment. A week last Thursday my back went again and I have been in agony until this morning when all of the 5 different pain killers the doctor gave me started to work. I'm in hospital on Monday to have some injections that will hopefully sort me out for a long time.

Will be back at it next week all being well.

Cheers

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I was wondering where you had gotten to.

Hope the back sets up again soon.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ian. Today will be the first time I will leave the house for over a week. I'm looking forward to a drive to the model shop for some planking etc. in my Hummer that I picked up last Saturday. Its killed me having it sit on the drive and not being able to take it out for a spin. That added to not being able to work on the Tug also has made it a very anxious and painful 10 days. been driving me crazy I can tell you.:grumpy:

Cheers

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A hummer.....Don't forget to fill the tank before you set off...Which one is it?

Funny When I have "back Issues" I find the car the best seats to sit in. Hmmm Might go for a drive...

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Andy. In the right colour as well!

I have often said that if I ever hit the jackpot, I'll have a Hummer. But an Original Army one- The Neighbours would hate me for it and the owner of the local petrol station would love me. LOL.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

They are a fantastic ride, even better than the Range Rover Vogue I used to have. They do drink a lot don't they lol. The H1 is a good looking vehicle, the H3 is for pansies. If you are going to have a Hummer make it a big mother and as you say Black and Chrome. I love the reg plate to and the super over sized tyres.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Hi Andy,

I'm still trying to catch up on everything, I've been with the forum for about 20 months now and I'm still looking through some of the older builds, I was checking out your Thunderbolt build during the week, wow, it was stunning as is this one so far, your attention to detail is spot on...

When I first saw your front cabin section (Day 32 post), I thought I was looking at the heads of two very large engine's, sorry, I really like how you have done the weathering on the rear cabin, it is so realistic, a HUGE ***** from me so far, I'm sure by the time you finish the Tug, I'll run out of space for the *'s you deserve...

Andy...

P.S... I love the Hummer and also your reg, what is it like on juice, is she a diesel or petrol...

S

Sky Raider

She is a 6ltr v8 Petrol Andy, does around 12 to the gallon round town. You were partly right mate, these are the light vents for the engine room, the grills are next to go in place and these had opening hatches on the inside to stop rain and spray getting in there.

Thanks for you comments mate, much appreciated.

Andy

Last edited:
S

Sky Raider

Day 33

Now that I have had my treatment on the old back and should be good for another 3 years it was time to get back into the workshop. Still waiting for planking I have continued with the front cabin sections, adding the grills and a few other bits before priming.

View attachment 63054View attachment 63055View attachment 63056View attachment 63057View attachment 63058View attachment 63059

cheers

Andy

View attachment 64422

View attachment 64423

View attachment 64424

View attachment 64425

View attachment 64426

View attachment 64427

Day 33 (1).jpg

Day 33 (2).jpg

Day 33 (3).jpg

Day 33 (4).jpg

Day 33 (5).jpg

Day 33 (6).jpg

S

Sky Raider

Day 34

I have managed a few more bits on the forward cabin and it is ready for primer. I'm thinking of finishing off the funnel and sticking it in place before I prime this section.

View attachment 63183View attachment 63184View attachment 63185

I have put together the main water tank but it just looked like an oblong box with a few white metal bits on it. I added some detail to give it a bit of realism and it should look ok when painted and weathered a little.

View attachment 63186View attachment 63187View attachment 63188

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 64543

View attachment 64544

View attachment 64545

View attachment 64546

View attachment 64547

View attachment 64548

Day 34 1.jpg

Day 34 2.jpg

Day 34 3.jpg

Day 34 w 2.jpg

Day 34 w 3.jpg

Day 34 w.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It's been some time coming Andy mate, sorry I'm late. But this is another masterpiece in the making.

Have fun, John

Status
Not open for further replies.