Centurion AVLB (slow build)

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
I look forward to more photos of the pup, the model, and the spray booth!
Pete
If I can hold her down long enough, and without being attacked.... currently feeding time is, get dressed in full bomb disposal suit, chain mail gloves, cattle prod (electric) and rope ties around waist with SWMBO on other end ready to pull me out of there.....

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply brilliant Mike, simply brilliant.

Very well done indeed.

Andrew

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
If I can hold her down long enough, and without being attacked.... currently feeding time is, get dressed in full bomb disposal suit, chain mail gloves, cattle prod (electric) and rope ties around waist with SWMBO on other end ready to pull me out of there.....
Mine has just grown out of the biting phase (10 months later) and straight into her first season (the dog, not SWMBO). A whole new kettle of fish. Bridge looking the part!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Ah the joys of owning a puppy. We have had a few over the past 46 years and apart from one they have all been hooligans early on but all made wonderful, friendly, super obedient, loyal companions. The odd one was the puppy from heaven from the beginning.
Nice progress on the model although I expect nothing less from you.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Bridge sections look great Mike, the pup looks good too, only with more danger of injury.
We had one who bit my dads ear lobe while playing, but she grew into one of the best dogs ever!

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wibble ,top notch work as we have come to expect .
Is this destined for St Ives in the summer ?
Glad to see the new member has arrived .

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
So the new addition to the family has made herself at home, leaving the usual little parcels around for the unwary, but she is learning to go out and spread joy all over the grass... Attitude, she is bossy, noisy when playing, greedy, puts on her 'Hello, I'm the new addition' face when she meets people. Does not like being moved when sleeping and has a really bad temper. There is a Basset mantra they all stick to, and it goes something like this - If it is in my bed - it is mine, if it is in my sight - it is mine and if it is in my mouth - then it really is mine.... I forgot that last part, and with all puppies you tend to relieve them of things they should not have in their mouths.... So forgetting the bad temper and noticing she had a sweet paper in her mouth, I went to take it from her, not once but twice, after all I am the dominate male in the home and pack. She made a grab for the paper and got it, but also got me... Those b****y puppy teeth....
20230227_144042_HDR.jpg
I have been stabbed with dropped Stanley knife, scalpel, XActo knife, missed with a saw and after the usual cry of pain managed to carry on... But not this time... The above photo was taken during the change of dressings at the surgery. Superglue was first applied to staunch the bleeding, and during the 'can you bend your finger' questions it has been found that the tendon has been damaged.
So this has resulted in a close on my modelling projects, as I am Left handed and totally useless with my right hand and cannot use my left forefinger to put any preassure or to hold anything due to the size of the dressing/pain.
So it is with regret that for the time being there will be no more posts for my builds. But I will now be able to keep an eye on the rest of you and add my comments....
Puppy is still with us, and gave me a good puppy licking to say sorry.
Cheers
Mike.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Ouch, that doesn’t look good, no … Hope it heals sooner rather than later :smiling3:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Who said that a dog is man best friend !!
Certainly looks painful Mike, hope it heals up ok and your back to ‘normal’ soon…….( I use the term ‘normal‘ loosely ;))

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Many thanks for the comments..
Jim R - exactly, written by a Basset for Bassets....
Jakko - I agree, just how much daytime tv can you suffer :tired:.
Stillp - Cheers Pete.
Si - Now rattling with all the anti-biotics... And I understand 'normal', my anaylist The great Prof John R has explained it to me, and he ain't cheap....

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very painful Mike. Hope the recovery time is not too protracted.

Andrew

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Finger - Still in bulging finger dressing, but things are looking up. Many thanks for all your messages regarding this.
Puppy - Is growing and letting the other two know who is boss, how to put on the "I am so adorable and you may fuss me" face, and thankfully is learning the process of going out to do the business :poop: :sick::tired:.....
Model - Have now worked out that I can use the next finger along to hold items, although there have been a few close shaves with forgetting and holding the scalpel with the bandaged finger and not realising untill the knife is sticking out of the cushion and between my legs and just missing other parts of value...
The first section of the bridge is now finished with only another three to go, but thankfully I now have the experience of building the first to guide me through, so building should be a bit faster. Anyway here are some pics....
20230308_114148_HDR.jpg
Here is the bridge section ready for final assembly, at the front is the treadway ready for final cut and fit. At the right is the 'toe' of the bridge bent from aluminium sheet. Also fitted are the hinges at the left rear of the bridge which are used to join the sections together...
20230308_140540_HDR.jpg
...And here it is after final assembly - top...
20230308_140556_HDR.jpg
... Underside showing the hinge brackets and the strengthening plates...
20230308_141443_HDR.jpg
... And finally a test fit - raised...
20230308_141511_HDR.jpg
... And in the stowed position...
And that is it for now, hopefully the next update will be when I have finished the next section and joined the two together to make up one half. So untill then all will be quiet.
Many thanks for looking in and see you all soon
Cheers
Mike.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yet again simply brilliant!!