Centurion AVLB (slow build)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Glad to read that your finger is getting better. Looked rather painful.
The AVLB is coming along well.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
What a thing of beauty!
There's something about well executed engineering like this that just does it for me!
I see the therapist next week...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very well executed scratch work indeed. Superb!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I really admire (a) your workmanship, and (b) your 'dogged' determination! Hope the finger heals soon.
Steve

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Not one to be kept down by injury, I’m glad to see :smiling3: Great work, as usual.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Olderthanme, what can a man say that hasn't already been said. Most excellent scratchy and even better details. You don't miss a trick when it comes to building a project, even with a chewed-up finger!!! Mike, on a scale of 1-10, your bridge section gets a 20, Sir!!! Heal well....

Prost
Youngerthanyou

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Email in coming Wibble .

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Many thanks to you all for the comments, I will show more progress as it happens, but I am not going to bore you with a repeat of the first bridge part, bit like those holiday snaps no one really wants to see...
Cheers
Mike.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Wibble, just saw your wonderful bridge, short legged floppy eared piranha and paper punched finger...be sure to fit in the brass eyelets before you file your finger with the rest of the documents.
Seriously cute puppy, horrible injury and magnificent bridge. Hope finger mends well to continue the other sections of the bridge. Now slower becomes dead slow. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Outstanding. Your patience knows no bounds. Amazing bridge details.

Last edited:

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hi Wibble, just saw your wonderful bridge, short legged floppy eared piranha and paper punched finger...be sure to fit in the brass eyelets before you file your finger with the rest of the documents.
Seriously cute puppy, horrible injury and magnificent bridge. Hope finger mends well to continue the other sections of the bridge. Now slower becomes dead slow. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Wabble
Hello Wabble,
Many thanks for your comment - Mini gnasher puts on the face that melts hearts, so cannot be annoyed at her. Will know if finger is in workable condition next week when 20 feet of finger bandage are removed (slight exageration). Managing to do some work, but have to be aware of dropped scalpels between legs when forgetting and holding them with bad finger.
Cheers
Wibble.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hello Wabble,
Many thanks for your comment - Mini gnasher puts on the face that melts hearts, so cannot be annoyed at her. Will know if finger is in workable condition next week when 20 feet of finger bandage are removed (slight exageration). Managing to do some work, but have to be aware of dropped scalpels between legs when forgetting and holding them with bad finger.
Cheers
Wibble.
I thought it would have been 30 feet. Beware of totem pole when dropping scalpels Wibble, doesn't need new faces carved on it. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Wabble

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
So back on the bench and out of SWMBO's hair, it does not help to be standing in the kitchen when she is swinging hot pans around and dodging three dogs... The pad of the forfinger is still very sensitive, but I can work with it, just got to be carefull how I get hold of things like door handles, edges of cupboard doors...
Anyway enough of the whining - progress...
The second section of the bridge is almost complete and the sides of the third section are cut out ready to start work...
20230322_093113_HDR.jpg
20230322_093126_HDR.jpg
So as you can see not a lot more to do on the second section which once completed is where it will be on the finished item, with the finished section shown will in fact be attached and will form the whole left hand side of the bridge... So now to dismantle it as you can guarantee it will get caught and damaged.
Cheers
Mike

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
That will look properly impressive when it’s done. What am I saying … it already does :smiling3:

Will you be building it with the bridge vertical like this, or will you keep it articulated?
The plan is to have the bridge workable so that I can put it on display in the launched position. The reason for this was when I displayed my Chieftain bridgelayer the bridge is fixed in the half-way point and I was like an expectant father all day wondering if someone had damaged it. But when stored in the display cabinet it will be in the transport position.