minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great stuff. Second to last pic puts you there big time. PaulE

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks for your comment Paul ! It’s almost done! When it’s done I will do some more pictures under the sun in real light and i try to put background pictures like blue sky or desert backdrop i see soo many people did it and it seems does enhance the pictures! Thanks for looking cheers Danny

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Daniel,
I have just spent the best part of an hour going over your blog. Blown away with this build of yours. I caught sight of it when on MM but with the turmoil of that fiasco but lost touch of it. Found it again when finding my way round our new home.
Am I correct in assuming that you have used a mix of 1/35 and 1/32 scale kits and figures. I see that you have used a lot of dio detail kits to.
Going to be a pain now...:smiling4::smiling4::smiling4: Could you post some of the names of the manufactures of the products that you have used in building the base.

Its a stunning build and as John suggested earlier in the blog, you have to show this in June at the model show.

I'm actually in the process of putting together a desert dio where LRDG / SAS patrols are in a maintenance/resupply area. Like your idea of building, painting of the kits and figures first then building the base.

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

D

Daniel Horvath

Hello Mike first of all a big thank you for your comments and support ! you right I did used a mix scale for this dio 1/32 planes and the Luftwaffe figures everything else is 1/35 . im happy to provide all the information you require. all I need from you is to please specify which product you need to know about in more details. thanks again best regards Danny

D

Daniel Horvath

Good afternoon to you all this is the last post in this section! After 14 months and 1 week the project is completed! Today I finished the last piece of the puzzle! So i go ahead and put it in place! Also like to thank you for all you for the continuous support and for all the comments and kind words! It was really kept me motivated throughout the build! So big thank you for all of you my fellow modellers! So here are the pictures of the last piece! Pictures from the completed diorama will coming soon! Wish me luck for the show on Sunday! I hope people will like it! Best regards Danny B8B93282-1063-4E06-87A3-BEFC090FA27E.jpegC68CC78C-69D8-4D9A-AC61-37D179DDC283.jpegC182188A-1BCD-40A6-B7A5-18699193D2C1.jpeg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Daniel,
Bravo mate that is an excellent build my hat is well and truly off to you.
Scottie

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Congratulations Danny!!

This really has been a labour of love and we have all had a great time watching you put this masterpiece together. You must be very pleased and proud of what you have done. I wish you all the best at the shows and I am sure it will be well received. Well done my friend

Steve

D

Daniel Horvath

Scottie,Peter and Steve I like to thank you fellas for the support and these kind words! I try to make some pictures in sunlight and try to put a sky backdrop to it ! Unfortunately im not familiar with photoshop but i try to figure it out! ! So this was the first section of my diorama, i will start the next chapter soon which will be the continuation of this military base! So stay tuned! Thanks again guys! Cheers Danny

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great finish Danny. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
It's been great to follow, turned into a top rate diorama. Good luck for Sunday.
John.

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks you very much John can’t wait to see yours! Im sure you close to finish it as well so as Greg ! All the best regards Danny

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks mate .
Not long to go Danny, the Russians just need to have wash here and there, and then the final placings .That will be three of us about to start on something new.
John .

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I took the liberty to work on a couple of your pictures l hope it’s ok for u and u like it....EEFB81F0-C919-45B1-8E42-7BBE67CB47F9.jpeg450F7A81-A9E7-40B8-B067-36AFBDB40A42.jpeg

D

Daniel Horvath

Thanks Greg I love them! That’s super kind of you! You more then welcome to help me out with the rest unfortunately im not a computer guy!