DeAgostini's Nitro Racer

B

Bluewavestudios

Just a Query re the above, I know the car with the mag is a Kyosho product but does anyone know what the actual model is, I have seen very similar looking ones on a web search. I have started this one off but do not intend to wait till all 60 issues have done before I have a complete car. The spares are not that expensive online and certainly work out cheaper than buying all the issues.

I have seen mention somewhere that it is an alpha 2 (now replaced by the alpha 3) but have also seen mention that it is another Kyosho model

Anyone know the proper answer...???

Regards..........Mark

A

adzam

like you mate, i was havin trouble finding out which variant it is, i never bothered taking up the magazine , but what you could do take in what you have to a local model shop and see what they say. it may alos be a slightly cheaper version than would be availble in shops , less ball bearings etc

other than that mate , i dont know.

adz..

B

Bluewavestudios

Thanks, Thats what I intend to do...some of the parts have now started appearing in numbered bags...so I may be able to track down which Variant it is, I'm sure my local shops will know as the two I use both do Kyosho spares.

Regards......Mark

B

Bluewavestudios

Found out what it is...!!!

Car appears to be a Kyosho Alpha 3 GP, This now has a blue anodised chassis and is now fitted with a GX15 Pull start as opposed to the GX12 offered by the magazine, but basically the same car.

Have a look at the Kyosho 1/10th cars on www.gmmodels.co.uk and you will see pics of it there.

Regards..........Mark.

A

adzam

ahhh

thanx for that mark

i did have a sneaky suspicion it would be a bit of a hybrid thing.

thanx for teh research tho`

adz..

B

Bluewavestudios

No problem....glad to be of help

Issue 5 of this mag was a classic rip off...they gave a 75cc fuel tank with 2 pieces of fuel tubing and 2 screws free with the mag for £5.99...it only costs £2.99 to buy the tank as a spare from any model shop (and it is the same as the Thunder Tiger one too)

I missed that issue but I won't be panicking...!!!

Regards.......Mark

Last edited:
A

adzam

No problem....glad to be of helpIssue 5 of this mag was a classic rip off...they gave a 75cc fuel tank with 2 pieces of fuel tubing and 2 screws free with the mag for £5.99...it only costs £2.99 to buy the tank as a spare from any model shop (and it is the same as the Thunder Tiger one too)

I missed that issue but I won't be panicking...!!!

Regards.......Mark
lol, yup you gotta hand it to them, i am interested in seeing what they are gonna do with teh engine, i believe it gets split over three issue`s. with prices going up for those issues. but by how much no one seems to know :sad:

B

Bluewavestudios

According to quite a few sources I have seen...the engine will be presented with issue 22 which will be selling at £11.99 for that issue.

Not a bad price for a GX12, but when you price up the whole lot...ie every issue, you will have paid full whack for it anyway.

Regards..........Mark

B

Bluewavestudios

and i do belive my icon pic is from The playstation game 'Heart of Darkness' had a bugger of a job getting past the shadows on the Lava level lol...!!! :D

B

Bluewavestudios

De-agostini's Nitro-Racer

well no surprise in saying that this mag has stopped in the shops round here but my car is not going to remain unfinished. I am ordering rest of parts online or buying from Local model shops which is going to work out far cheaper than getting the whole car from the Magazines.

I have a different Bodyshell for mine though - Nissan Skyline R34.

see pic.

Regards..........Mark.

View attachment 6944

/monthly_2004_06/DSCN0145.JPG.69070576d46455c8d6ee2d85939ffb52.JPG

View attachment 11589

View attachment 12239

DSCN0145.JPG

E

edward041287

inquiry

Hi I am interested in where you are buying your parts for the car. I would greatly apriciate if you gave me web addresses and shop names.I currently buy the parts through the magazine and agree with you that they are a bit expensive and looking for a cheaper way of buying parts. Thanks Edward

p.s. please reply to Edward@epowell15.fsnet.co.uk if you would. Thank You

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I am having the same dilemma with the Red Baron model which I am building from the part works,some weeks you get a few strips of wood for £4.99 and other weeks a gleaming metal part worth much more,but boy is this some model and will be a real gem when completed,the construction follows full size practise with what looks like a working control system as well.

Whatever you feel about these part works is yes,they are expensive but it spreads the cost for those with little cash to spare,rumour has it that a Lancaster is on the books ! that would take about three years to complete as a part works.

I saw the car and wondered how they were going to tackle the engine ?,would not bank on supply of Ripmax spares as they often run short well before the catalogue closes.

One interesting thing is that most times these models appear somewhere else as complete kits,they have to because production costs are so high,one disturbing aspect is that they have been known to finish before completion due to people backing out,this happened apparently with the dolls house series,it was mentioned on the 'Watchdog' television programme where a woman complained and got her money back but not after some struggle,imagine being left high and dry like that !

Anyone out there ever build the part works 'Titanic' ? a beautiful model I understand.

B

BSE

DeAgostini - i won't buy the second issue

Hi everyone.

The first issue came out in greece about a week ago and i rushed to buy it - and every next will come on a two week basis (2 issues per month). This means that i would have to wait 2 and a half years to complete the car. NO WAY.

Then i started to calculate the total cost - and came up with about 700 Euro - by the way - what is the cost in other countries?

So i started to search the internet and found out something quite interresting. The car offered by DeAgostini is discontinued by Kyosho, they replaced it with the model Kyosho PureTen Alpha Mk.III that features a larger engine (2,5 cc instead of 2,1 cc), oil shocks and a better exhaust system. A complete model can be purchased for as much as 199 Euro. Add another 39 for a 2-speed automatic gearbox and you are at 239 ? Yep. Somewhat less than DeAgostini charges you.

Well, i decided to buy the model right away, have my fun now (not in 2 1/2 years) and pay one third of the price.

If anyone is intrrested, here is the link to the seller :smiling3:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31119&item=3749846781

Greetings from Greece

Boris

A

adzam

thanx for that info boris.

your prices are pretty much the same as the uk. but it does allow some people/ kids etc into a hobby without a big initial outlay.

i would agree though that a new version rather than a discontinued version would of been a better option.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Part works Agostini car.

well no surprise in saying that this mag has stopped in the shops round here but my car is not going to remain unfinished. I am ordering rest of parts online or buying from Local model shops which is going to work out far cheaper than getting the whole car from the Magazines.I have a different Bodyshell for mine though - Nissan Skyline R34.

see pic.

Regards..........Mark.
*** My newsagent tells me that it is not unusual for part works to dis-continue if sales drop off,Del Prado dropped thousands of people in trouble when the dolls house they were doing stopped without any warning,there was a bit on the television watchdog programme about it.

I was building the robot which went on for three years,but chip problems and repeated upgrades pulling the thing apart every time soon got boring,I just could not get the thing to work properly via the infra red system supplied,it turned out an expensive mistake and the model got junked,sometimes it takes something like this to learn the hard way.

B

Bluewavestudios

Yes, I know what you mean, although I have seen the various issues of the mag for this car up on Ebay for auction even the issues with the complete engine & yes it did come in one piece....think the exhaust was separate though.

My nephews had that robot too, I think they completed theirs and had it working but it is just gathering dust somewhere now.

As for the car, Just bagged myself a complete Kyosho rolling chassis with engine on Ebay tonight for £29, only requires radio gear (which I just happen to have a spare set sitting around unused), so this will complete the project a bit quicker now. I will use the other bits from the mag for spares.

Regards..........Mark.

B

Bluewavestudios

Well here's the chassis I bagged on ebay for £29. Having checked it over it's in pretty good condition and shouldn't take too much to get this up and running. Engine needs a new pullstart (but then again so do quite a few of those being sold on ebay) This is no big deal. Will definitely be changing the Tractor wheels though...!!! as they are way too big. Got some nice six spoke chromed alloys lined up in keeping with the Skyline that I am building. Radio needs to be fitted but everything else is pretty much there. Engine will be cleansed thoroughly and given a few drops of my magic PTFE engine stuff to loosen it up a bit more. The car is a Kyosho model, poss early Superten or GP 4WD.

Regards...........Mark.

View attachment 7004

/monthly_2004_09/DSCN0200.JPG.532b1023bd2ffbb1e047e894f819c915.JPG

View attachment 11649

View attachment 12299

DSCN0200.JPG

Last edited:
R

ruud

Hi,

Is this the mag thats just been advertised on tv, in December sometime.

If not anyone catch the name of the mag that gives you parts each week to build a nitro radio controlled car\4x4?

Thanks

Andy