DeAgostini's Nitro Racer

S

squirrel

hi, its by hachette and its the nitro monster truck, cant find anything on net about it yet, just some stuff on the forum when searching hachette nitro truck through google, seems very expensive rough calc gives me about £420 but dont quote me, after reading some stuff on this forum i think i will give it a miss.

U

ukmike99

The truck is the thunder tiger ssk.If you get part one of the magazine and watch the video,it appears that you have to build the engine as well as the truck,and you have to buy the rc seperately as well.

D

Distance

According to quite a few sources I have seen...the engine will be presented with issue 22 which will be selling at £11.99 for that issue.Not a bad price for a GX12, but when you price up the whole lot...ie every issue, you will have paid full whack for it anyway.

Regards..........Mark
yes, i have subscribed to the magazine and issue 22+23 are joint and come with the engine. i am going to purchase an engin upgrade to a gx-15, is there any other things i can do to upgrade my car? if so plz share. Also, can you get spedos to see how fast the car is going. How fast the car is supossed to go??? many thanks

josh

B

Bluewavestudios

Hello Josh

I didn't continue with this mag as it stopped in the shops.

I bought a rolling Chassis off E-bay. I also managed to get a Brand new GX-12 Engine off E-Bay though for £26.52p and a brand new Carb for it on there too for £18.00 (Carb costs £29.99p new to buy from shops) I am sure there are plenty of hop-up parts available for it, E-Bay is a good place to look as there are plenty of parts for this car on there.

As for top speed, not sure on this one but there will be Variables anyway like fuel used, glow plug, actual surface the car is run on, Tyres etc.

Yes you can buy speedguns for checking speed but they are a bit too expensive unless you are doing serious competition stuff.

If you want to know what happened to my car, check out the pictures link in the Automobiles section for the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R...That baby is it !!!

Good luck with yours

Regards........Mark.

D

Distance

Hello JoshI didn't continue with this mag as it stopped in the shops.

I bought a rolling Chassis off E-bay. I also managed to get a Brand new GX-12 Engine off E-Bay though for £26.52p and a brand new Carb for it on there too for £18.00 (Carb costs £29.99p new to buy from shops) I am sure there are plenty of hop-up parts available for it, E-Bay is a good place to look as there are plenty of parts for this car on there.

As for top speed, not sure on this one but there will be Variables anyway like fuel used, glow plug, actual surface the car is run on, Tyres etc.

Yes you can buy speedguns for checking speed but they are a bit too expensive unless you are doing serious competition stuff.

If you want to know what happened to my car, check out the pictures link in the Automobiles section for the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R...That baby is it !!!

Good luck with yours

Regards........Mark.
yes, i am also addicted to ebay. lol i am going to get the gx-15 which is the same size but more power and bigger head obviously. there are a list of engines for cars on the following site, http://www.alansmodels.com/main_site/engines/car_engine.htm They stopped in the shops yes but i subscribed to the company and they now send me the issues 4 a month with a free torch, remote control, t-shirt and toolkit. this is my first car so i no that in future i will get a better deal. it will be completed in about 2-3 months, they have also expanded it from 64 to 75, which includes a new shell, alloy wheels, new tyres, new wing, sports bumper and better uspension. so. when i have finished this one i am going to buy a monstre truck on ebay. thanks for the look and i am going 2 look at your car.

many thanks

josh

Last edited:
D

Distance

is issue 22 passed as i could do with a cheap engine
hello, issue 22 has pased but you can order it directly off deagostini, the number is standard rate and is 08707299399 issue 22+23 are joint issues and includes the engine, you might need to register your details to them, but just ask for the nitro racer issue 22 + 23.

many thanks

josh

D

Distance

According to quite a few sources I have seen...the engine will be presented with issue 22 which will be selling at £11.99 for that issue.Not a bad price for a GX12, but when you price up the whole lot...ie every issue, you will have paid full whack for it anyway.

Regards..........Mark
does anyone know if i can get a bmw metallic blue shell for a 1/10 scale touring car. i am building the deagostini's nitro racer and i want a bmw shell???

many thanks

josh

B

Bluewavestudios

In answer to Iain's Question,

Yes issue 22 has passed but have a look on E-Bay, there are dozens of those GX-12 Engines brand new on there, I won 2 of them both for £26.52p each. But as stated above you will need to buy the carb bit separate as it does not come supplied with the engine, unless you buy the lot brand new in a shop and then you are looking at £149 for the complete engine (That was the price when I last looked)

And in answer to Josh's Question, Have a look on the Hpi site for a BMW shell...they do make one but you want to make sure it fits the wheelbase on your car, which incidentally, is 265mm.

Here's the link, www.hpieurope.com ...it's the 200mm wide bodies you should be looking at.

According to Hpi's site they fit most popular makes of car....Check your local Halfords to see if they have them in stock...my local branch does.

Regards..........Mark

Last edited:
D

Distance

In answer to Iain's Question,Yes issue 22 has passed but have a look on E-Bay, there are dozens of those GX-12 Engines brand new on there, I won 2 of them both for £26.52p each. But as stated above you will need to buy the carb bit separate as it does not come supplied with the engine, unless you buy the lot brand new in a shop and then you are looking at £149 for the complete engine (That was the price when I last looked)

And in answer to Josh's Question, Have a look on the Hpi site for a BMW shell...they do make one but you want to make sure it fits the wheelbase on your car, which incidentally, is 265mm.

Here's the link, www.hpieurope.com ...it's the 200mm wide bodies you should be looking at.

According to Hpi's site they fit most popular makes of car....Check your local Halfords to see if they have them in stock...my local branch does.

Regards..........Mark
thanks for that info. I have found the bmw's on their but unfortunately i haven't found a metallic blue 3 series, i will keep looking, if anyone can find any more information on the subject then please contact me

josh leafe

B

Bluewavestudios

You should be able to get unpainted shells to spray as you wish...I'm sure a quick query on HPi will point you in the right direction.

In fact I am sure I have seen clear BMW M3 shells in my local Halfords...so still worth a look all the same.

If not I know a supplier who has them not far from me.

Regards.........Mark

P

Phoenix

In answer to Iain's Question,Yes issue 22 has passed but have a look on E-Bay, there are dozens of those GX-12 Engines brand new on there, I won 2 of them both for £26.52p each. But as stated above you will need to buy the carb bit separate as it does not come supplied with the engine, unless you buy the lot brand new in a shop and then you are looking at £149 for the complete engine (That was the price when I last looked)

Regards..........Mark
carb is ok i think i have a mongled thundertiger pro12 engine and 2 of the cylinder head holes are stripped if i can get a gx 12 for that price im in buisness

oh and ebays no good i have no credit card

B

Bluewavestudios

You can still pay by cash/cheque or postal order if you wish on e-bay...depends on what the seller prefers...you don't need a credit card...a standard debit card will do

(My Credit card is disallowed on e-bay but only to protect me from fraudsters...Yes I have a stupidly high credit limit, but only coz the bank gave it to me !!!)

Needless to say you will not find details of that card online !!!

Regards........Mark.

Last edited:
P

Phoenix

when i said i had no credit card i mean i have no debit or money cards ther than a cash card

the stupid bank changed it so you have to be 18 to get a debit or credit card

B

Bluewavestudios

That shouldn't be a problem Iain

Most sellers will accept postal orders which you can buy at any post office, they are as good as guaranteed cash.

Regards.........Mark

D

Distance

That shouldn't be a problem IainMost sellers will accept postal orders which you can buy at any post office, they are as good as guaranteed cash.

Regards.........Mark
just call deagostini! 08707299399

it works with direct debit or anything :clap:

P

Phoenix

do they have a site i could get it from instead of having to phone?

D

Distance

do they have a site i could get it from instead of having to phone?
the site is useless but the pone number is standard rate, otherwise it is www.deagostini.co.uk then click on the drop down menu of other titles, go onto nitro racer and your off