DeAgostini's Nitro Racer

D

Distance

so... anyone have any othre good site to get things for the car, like a blue bmw body (pre made) (hp dont hav any)

A

adzam

what you`ll have to do josh is buy a body and paint it yourself, not as big a job as it may sound !

have a look HERE FOR A SILVER BMW

or look here for other types of shell, i beleive you need a 200 mm shell ( width)

CLICK HERE !!!

once there just click on the manufacturer logo`s . i beleive that all listed on that page should be 200mm

and a phone call to the shop , and they will answer any questions you have about paint selection.

the link os to modelsport, a very comprehensive online shop :smiling3:

www.modelsport.co.uk

( i`m not affiliated, just a satisfied customer :smiling3: )

D

Distance

what you`ll have to do josh is buy a body and paint it yourself, not as big a job as it may sound ! have a look HERE FOR A SILVER BMW

or look here for other types of shell, i beleive you need a 200 mm shell ( width)

CLICK HERE !!!

once there just click on the manufacturer logo`s . i beleive that all listed on that page should be 200mm

and a phone call to the shop , and they will answer any questions you have about paint selection.

the link os to modelsport, a very comprehensive online shop :smiling3:

www.modelsport.co.uk

( i`m not affiliated, just a satisfied customer :smiling3: )
THANKS, BUT THEY MANUFACTURE FROM HPI AND THEY DONT DO IT HOW I LIKE IT ,HAVE YOU HAD A LOOK AT MY NEW THREAD ABOUT THE KYOSHO GIGA CRUSHA???

B

Bluewavestudios

You can buy unpainted Hpi BMW Shells, I saw one in my local Halfords the other day as they are selling Hpi R/C Cars there.

Regards.........Mark

D

Distance

You can buy unpainted Hpi BMW Shells, I saw one in my local Halfords the other day as they are selling Hpi R/C Cars there.Regards.........Mark
where is that then

A

adzam

You didnt` have a look at teh second links i posted, or you would of seen.....

BMW M coupe

bmw shell

bmw shell

these are all clear unpainted shell`s ,HPI only supply a painted shell in silver colour, so to attain what you are after you are going to have to paint a shell to how you liek it, which is not difficult.

Adz..

B

Bluewavestudios

I checked all those links adzam and some nice shells there too, i think josh is more concerned with getting one in the colours he wants, yes it can be done as clear shells are available...will take a bit of work but that is not too hard...look at the Skyline I did...and so far I have not found another one yet in same scheme !!!

Regards..........Mark

P

Phoenix

man i need a job hehe

so one i get me ts4n back on the road its getting hopped up and a decent shell is getting put on it

C

cherrion

i have subscribed

I know that the series has been completed but last night i subscribed to it. I have built the subaru which deagostinin released and it is quite good although the battery pack which they supplyonly lasts 15 minutes. So any words of advice for a beginner(beginner in Nitro cars). Just out of interest how man of you are buiulding the spitfire, i am. It is huge and i am only ay issue 7.I am waiting for my next issues to arrive in the post.

Last edited:
D

Distance

I know that the series has been completed but last night i subscribed to it. I have built the subaru which deagostinin released and it is quite good although the battery pack which they supplyonly lasts 15 minutes. So any words of advice for a beginner(beginner in Nitro cars). Just out of interest how man of you are buiulding the spitfire' date=' i am. It is huge and i am only ay issue 7.I am waiting for my next issues to arrive in the post.[/quote']NO! dont, you may like building these things from deagostini but you are wasting your money. All Deagostini has done is steal kyosho's alpha gp3 which you can get for fraction of the price. And it has a Proper exhaust not a crappy silencer that falls off every two minutes (screws drop out because of serious vibration, you get a better set of wheels and the best engine available for it! Also it gives you a proper set of oil filled shocks (suspension springs) oil filled! I have just finished this car, yes it is good but i really wish i got one off kyosho dealers.it also takes you over 64 weeks (1yr 8 weeks) SO QUICKILY STOP THE SUBSCRIPTION, DONT BE A FOOL LIKE ME AND FALL FOR THE EXTORTIONATE PRICES LIKE I DID! And whilst you on the following site DO NOT look at better or faster cars (to buy) because trust me, this car will be plenty fast eneugh for a beginner like yourself. You can also use the money you saved to do it up with two speed transmission set and even more stuff to make it even better, you can find these on spare parts (HERE) Click at the top to find new shells for the car and also wheels and tyres. E-mail me on joshleafe@aol.com directly to talk more. You can find the car at, KYOSHO WEBSITE (CLICK HERE)

I hope this helps you, (i hope it helps you bank acount also)

Cheers

Josh Leafe

P

pitbull inc

please help, can anyone tell me what issue of nitro racer does the carb come with ,

N

NapierDogs

Thank-you for the link Adzam. Very helpful.

NapierDogs

Last edited:
D

Distance

please help' date=' can anyone tell me what issue of nitro racer does the carb come with ,[/quote']18, the mag says it has a suspension arm but really it has a carb

S

Smally

Serious help required!!

Folks, after reading all the posts, feeling quite the fool!!! Nevertheless, after parting with quite a lot of cash, wanna see the thing going. need spares, and my local model shop can't get em. The Kyosho site only gives part numbers, doesn't actually allow you purchase. so, waht I'm askins is, does anybody have the site address of a place that does supply Kyosho spares??

Last edited:
D

Distance

what parts do you need please

Ideas=

Ebay

Model shop and tell them code - will cost a fortune

When you tell me the items you need i will be able to tell you if i can get them for you (or if i have some spares) that i could sell to you cheap

Cheers

Josh

S

Smally

cheers man.

what parts do you need pleaseIdeas=

Ebay

Model shop and tell them code - will cost a fortune

When you tell me the items you need i will be able to tell you if i can get them for you (or if i have some spares) that i could sell to you cheap

Cheers

Josh
Thanks for the help dude. Wnt on to e-bay last night and got the parts I needd. Would never ahve thought of checking there to be honest, but got what I needeed, and for bugger all too.

N

nero041001

My first post here, and i'm having to bug someone for a few answers already :ohno:

My father has collected quite a lot of the 'Nitro Racer' magazine with the parts to build a vauxhall astra. This one:

http://www.deagostini.co.uk/nitroracer/

I have every magazine up to 67 except issues: 16

and 44

I have a few questions, I would appriciate it if you could take the time to answer them please :goodluck:

1. I presume I can order the back issues that are missing off of their site, but is there anywhere else I could get the parts cheaper?

1.aWould it be better getting the parts that I am missing from somwhere else?

2. If getting the parts from somwhere else, where would I find instructions on what to do with the parts apart from the step by step in the magazine they would have come with? (This is the first RC car I have built/attempting to build)

3. If I ordered them from DeAgostini's site, how long would it take for them to arrive?

4. What are the parts that come with the above issues? What types of screws fixings parts etc....

I havent found any of the issues that I need on ebay at a reasonable price for those issues and parts, as I only need the 6 issues mentioned above

Thank you very much in advance for your help, and I hope to hear from you soon :0)

tris

Last edited: