Dragon 1/35 sd.kfz.184 Ferdinand

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
IMG_1346.jpeg

After a string of modern stuff and a couple of 1/100 builds, I decided it was time to rummage around in the stash and find something.
A quick look into the box and a flick through the instructions and the deal was done.

Picked this up from eBay over 10yrs ago. The previous owner brought an Aber barrel with muzzle break which I found in the box.

Heres what you get….
IMG_1370.jpegIMG_1369.jpegIMG_1368.jpegIMG_1367.jpegIMG_1366.jpegIMG_1354.jpegIMG_1353.jpegIMG_1352.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Another vehicle on my “would really like to build” list, so I’ll be sure to follow your version instead of adding to my own stash :smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks good Si. Lots of plastic and Dragon instructions - you could be at it a while. I'll settle down and watch with interest.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good to you blogging this Si!

Looking forward to your working your magic.

ATB.

Andrew

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I'm in Si looks a nice kit ,separate links and some etch to play with nothing else to ask for ,she's a size I bet when built just make sure you've enough of the runny stuff don't want to run out just as you get to the end. Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks like a fun project Si........with plenty of "tidbits" to keep you busy. ;)

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good evening all,
Well the Ferdi seems to of drawn a few eyes, hoping not to disappoint then!

Great to have you all along :smiling4:

Carried on assembling the suspension bogeys…… Glad to report no problems so far!
The suspension was a Porsche design and quite different from the german big cats.
The kit can be modelled with them in full range if required…

IMG_1379.jpeg

All six are then mounted onto the hull.…

IMG_1380.jpeg

Hopefully more tomorrow.
cheers

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A little more done tonight with assembly of the front and rear drive sprockets and at this point the instructions says to assemble the track…..so naturally I skipped this for now and carried on with the assembly of the rear hull

IMG_1395.jpeg
IMG_1394.jpeg

The wheels are just dry fit so they can be removed for painting. The front sprockets have an off centre hub which always helps with track fitting.

for its age it’s not a bad kit so far.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'll keep an eye on this one. Looking good so far.

I've had the Tamiya Elefant on my wishlist for ages and I've never braved a Dragon kit, so will be good to see how this goes together.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Never fancied this beastie but I will follow with deep interest! Looking good so far!
Steve

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Right where's the biscuits, if I do not get bikkies then I will not sleep.... Will you be zimmeriting it???
Sorry Mike, no bikkies but I do have some homemade chicken and vegetable curry I could email to you :smiling5:

Apparently the Ferdinand didn’t get Zimm until it became Elephant (?) so I can avoid that extra step.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Tiny weeny update as I had to work till lunch time.

Broke out the included photoetch and added the mud deflectors (?) and a mesh grill over the rear intake. The kit comes with a choice of metal D shackles or plastic…..metal it was.

IMG_1408.jpeg

Then the cover goes in place to hid the majority of etch :smiling5::smiling5:
Convoy light on and tow point and the rear end is done I think.

IMG_1409.jpeg